PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dingdong

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2024
Jakarta, Indonesia
i have seen this pipe - shape like a Bing, the brand being Marcelle, and no other mark. i hope it was made by Sauron:LOL:
there is a ring at the end of the shank : can anybody comprehend the runes :rolleyes: and its meaning.
1712114778700.png

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-03 at 10.20.35 AM.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
CVF griffin star clover

I think that’s an early Gryffindor pipe from Dumbledore’s school days. Nice find!

dingdong

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2024
Jakarta, Indonesia
wow. that is another possibility. i have not bought the pipe..still sleuthing. very sharp observation on the VCF. i will search more for it, thank you sir !

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thanks, but not looking for links, just readable text. And is there not a source for the French text before it was translated?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
cool thanks..think i had seen your post somewhere in pipesmokersden. i had a molto dolce as well but a touch too sweet for me. will update once i got the pipe in my hand
Please use capitals to start sentences, and for proper names.

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

dingdong

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2024
Jakarta, Indonesia
the pipe arrived. not very cheap, but the stem is a replacement push fit whilst the shank is threaded, and the pipe is stained heavily. the only stamp on the shank is "Marcelle" with silver ring "VCF" (or CVF??) which most likely means Vincent-Couitier & Fils. French through and through puffy puffy puffy

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-06 at 14.58.58.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-04-06 at 14.58.57.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-04-06 at 15.04.37.jpeg