PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
BS-005 is described by one of the members as a balanced English Blend. 10 Downing sounds like an English blend, but no one

is saying they remember it, or what it was. It caught my eye because it also sounds like an English blend, but knowing only that,

I'd vote for BS-005, since I know a little about what it is.

leonardw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2011
It just so happens that BS-005 will be coming back in early 2014. Not sure if I'd describe it as a 'balanced' English blend however. Looking at the leaf components 'Lat-Bomb' might be more appropriate.
Regarding a Lane VAPER... I recently stumbled about this little jewel. A leather bound notebook with 129 handwritten recipes of old Lane blends. Written down just before the factory moved from Manhatten in 1983. Let me take a gander and see what I can find.
photo-600x450.jpg

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Leonard, please tell me that Highland is in that book. man I miss that blend. Iused to buy it at the store on 42nd Street. Fingers and toes crossed.
John

leonardw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2011
Sorry John, no luck. This leads me to suspect that they renamed the blend.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Just as long as you keep putting out LEO. It's really a terrific blend...I spent most of the summer smoking it.

rudybaker

Lurker
Dec 4, 2013
I'd have to say the Crown Achievement as well. The return of hazelnut has been a hit for me (love the aroma and Im not an aromatic smoker) and the Black Raspberry is a crowd pleaser.

unclem

Lurker
Jul 13, 2013
I see I am late to this thread but being a burley fan I sure would like to see the Edgeworth sliced again. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.