PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Regarding Pentangle’s comment in this thread (which was concerned with Uncle Arthur’s health) it was a bit off topic, but to me it didn’t seem to “impugn the integrity of Uncle Arthur”. Pentangle stated his opinion on UA’s pipe making skills. Like I said, off topic (and perhaps a bit undiplomatic) but it didn’t seem to me to question his character.
Now, given his postings in other forums, it seems that Uncle Arthur is fine. If this is the case and he has already accepted money for pipes he has yet to deliver and is not responding to inquiries, that matter should be addressed by those involved.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Now, given his postings in other forums, it seems that Uncle Arthur is fine. If this is the case and he has already accepted money for pipes he has yet to deliver and is not responding to inquiries, that matter should be addressed by those involved.

dawk

Might Stick Around
Aug 25, 2010
DGERWIN11, COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER. I MYSELF HAVE BEEN OUT FOR A LONG TIME AND I AM FINALLY BACK AND THE ONE THING I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO WAS UNCLE A. HOPE ALL IS WELL FOR HIM AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM HIM SOON. HEY, PENTANGLE-NO ONE IS PERFECT IN GODS EYES MAN, LIGHTEN UP.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Well... I for one am glad to see that the “Old Scoundrel” is still alive and kicking!

5580908161.jpg

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Great work JC!!! :wink:
There seems to be nothing physically wrong to prevent him from contributing to THIS forum.... I don't care if he wishes to no longer be a part of this forum, but he should at least tie up his loose ends here.....

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
Well guys If you're happy with UA pipes and with UA service i'm happy too .Was not my intention to offend somebody i've only explained my opinion due to the several post i've seen in the times.About my pipes Dg i'm sure you whould be happy to smoke one, but that will never happen because i have the fortune to decide if i want to sell and choose eventually the man that could own a pipe carved by me

Maurizio

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
And thats good, dont get me wrong pentangle, your pipes are some of the greatest I have ever seen, but some people do work hard on their work, and some people are inexperienced, it doesnt mean the pipes they make are inferior.
I mean no disrespect at all, I think the work you do is fantastic, I would love to own one of you pipes, you have shown several that I would love to own

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
Well, I do like the tings he did and P's also and others

that do work on here. Buttttttttt, things happen and there is no pipe

I would pay over $10.00 for. That is me.

If A has went to another forum or web site it may because of content.

Look I am on here.
So Saddle up you horses cause we have more beer to drink in the next town.

Joe

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
He is not that sick, he is posting on other forums:

http://www.thesteampunkempire.com/profile/UncleArthur
That was the case last time he went MIA - perhaps we lot are just far too staid and boring for him (wink).
If one is going to take money from people who pay it in good faith, then one jolly well has the moral obligation to live up to their expectations and provide the service/product they paid for!!! If, however, one finds oneself not in a position to due to ill health, or whatever reason, then refund it with a letter of sincere and humble apologies, instead of being everywhere else other than where moral obligations and loose ends lie.
People work damn hard for their money and I for one find this insulting to the intelligence of those people who've handed some over. It's just not cricket, and certainly NOT gentlemanly behaviour from a Brother of the Briar.
As an afterthought, some of us have medical conditions of a non-physical nature that preclude us from making promises or living up to others' expectations some, or most, of the time - it's not rocket science, you simply don't take anything on, that way you don't leave a string of disapointed customers/friends/people who care about you (because it wears awfully thin after a while) and don't end up beating yourself even further into a hole inadequacy and misery.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
He's hitting on Stempunk hotties.
He's a dirty old man alright!
*tears up* Makes me... so PROUD.
*remembers he took money and doesn't respond to e-mails* :|
He's doing it all for the hotties!
429258_10100325672781109_17808279_44613451_1297831810_n.jpg

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Jees - are we all seeing the same photo? If so, I'm moving to the grand 'ol US of A!

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
This has nothing to do with UA, but isn't this steampunk pipe great?
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/nate-king-steampunk-pipe

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Hey cut the guy some slack looks like hes id trying to get alittle strange. Cant belame him shes a hottie!

Get down with your bad self UA

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Silliness aside, if any new members wish to do business with Uncle Arthur when he returns,

do be aware that he has a track record of disappearing without a word.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Well when I started the post I never saw it going in so many directions. :rofl:

Of course I never thought Uncle A was...well nevermind :worship:
I am goth and I can't pull tail that easy.

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
"I am goth and I can't pull tail that easy."
-
Sorry, that's gone completely over my head. I know our countries speak the same language but the lingo varies so much and it can be so confusing at times - could I have a translation of that line - it sounds like a line I would love to modify (the Goth bit, I'm way too old to be Goth) and use when appropriate. PM me if you're not comfy explaining here :)
Philip those pics have class and style and don't look at all like a pasty, drug addicted social misfit, they're just gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.