Hello from the state of Misery (Missouri)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug535

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2019
Independence, MO.
Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,
I started smoking a pipe sometime in 1982 and after a few years I dropped it, flash forward to 2014 I quit smoking cigarettes and in 2017 I decided to pick up a pipe and a couple tobaccos to try out. I was hooked and started perusing the interwebs for pipes, I ran across an ad of some kind for a pipe making kit and decided to try it out, gave me something to do while being banished to the garage to smoke, it also kept me off the couch snacking all night after work. Now a year and a half later and several equipment acquisitions, I think I'm getting it figured out. Glad to be here and hope to be here for awhile.
Doug535
https://imgur.com/a/fyIWeKB

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
MC7IJ6g.jpg

G3THk9n.jpg

Hbj7rh3.jpg

Not half bad at all! :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Well-turned pipes! I especially like the bent billiard, but they are all appealing. My wife and I met n Missouri in journalism school, went our ways, her to New York and me, after roving with the Navy, to N.C. She grew up on a farm in northeast Mo., and I grew up in Chicagoland. After long careers, and a marriage and widower-hood for me, we got back together in our mid sixties and married in 2010. In school, she did her internship in Detroit during the riots, and I did mine in Neosho in the Ozarks.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Nice work. Do you sell pipes and/or have a web page to check out what is available?

doug535

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2019
Independence, MO.
Nice work. Do you sell pipes and/or have a web page to check out what is available?

Thank you and yes I do have a website, it is a work in progress and does not have all that are available listed on it yet. You are more than welcome to check it out at dwfpipes.com
Thanks all, for the warm welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.