PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

KruegerFlap

Might Stick Around
Dec 3, 2021
Ohio
Hi and welcome from Ohio. I too started with cigars and still enjoy one every now and again, but pipes and pipe tobacco grabbed my attention and haven't let it go, and just like you, I found out my grandfather on my dad's side, who died before I was born, smoked a pipe and we both like/liked Prince Albert.

Reactions: MikeDub
Sep 17, 2019
A friendly hello from the MN/Canadian border and again, welcome to the forum. You should have little trouble adapting to straight VAs. I keep a tin of cherry stuff around because one of our local tradesmen loves the smell.

Pipe Collector 34

Lyon0oq

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ
Hello all,

I recently started getting back into the hobby after about a decade and joined the forum to learn as much as I can to receive as much enjoyment out of my pipes as possible. I used to smoke cigars with my old man and one day came home with a pipe and some cherry aromatic pipe tobacco. My pops laughed because unbeknownst to me, his dad was a pipe smoker who favored cherry aromatics as well. Although I never met him, I'm apparently a spitting image of my Grandpa and share many of his mannerisms. Now that my Pops has resolved his sinus issues that kept him away from cigars for an extended time, I decided it was time to get the pipes out to enjoy after our Sunday dinners.

Looking forward to conversing and learning from all of you. I've since picked up some Peterson System pipes that I'm absolutely thrilled about and now is the time to move on to acquiring as much tobacco as possible :) So far I've really enjoyed VaPers and aromatics, and am now trying the old time Burley blends and straight Virginia's to see what those are about.
I'm in Torrance, and we have a pipe club here in the beach cities. There is also an OC Pipe Club as well. Welcome to the fold!!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

MikeDub

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2022
SoCal
I'm in Torrance, and we have a pipe club here in the beach cities. There is also an OC Pipe Club as well. Welcome to the fold!!
Very nice - I tend to favor solo pursuits but I think a pipe club meetup would be very enjoyable