PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MikeDub

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2022
SoCal
Hello all,

I recently started getting back into the hobby after about a decade and joined the forum to learn as much as I can to receive as much enjoyment out of my pipes as possible. I used to smoke cigars with my old man and one day came home with a pipe and some cherry aromatic pipe tobacco. My pops laughed because unbeknownst to me, his dad was a pipe smoker who favored cherry aromatics as well. Although I never met him, I'm apparently a spitting image of my Grandpa and share many of his mannerisms. Now that my Pops has resolved his sinus issues that kept him away from cigars for an extended time, I decided it was time to get the pipes out to enjoy after our Sunday dinners.

Looking forward to conversing and learning from all of you. I've since picked up some Peterson System pipes that I'm absolutely thrilled about and now is the time to move on to acquiring as much tobacco as possible :) So far I've really enjoyed VaPers and aromatics, and am now trying the old time Burley blends and straight Virginia's to see what those are about.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Welcome to the forum, from Frazier Park, just a little north on I-5 from your area. Not sunny for much longer--I see rain and a big cooldown in the forecast, starting Saturday (translation: time for some English blends for me!)

Enjoy the forum. Lots of good info here, and lots of good people. And I'm saying that with a straight face... 😁

MikeDub

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2022
SoCal
Welcome to the forum, from Frazier Park, just a little north on I-5 from your area. Not sunny for much longer--I see rain and a big cooldown in the forecast, starting Saturday (translation: time for some English blends for me!)

Enjoy the forum. Lots of good info here, and lots of good people. And I'm saying that with a straight face... 😁

I‘m currently living in Costa Mesa and aside from a couple years in Tempe attending Arizona State I’ve lived in Orange County my whole life.

I’m grateful for the rain and cooler weather finally. Just popped a tin of Nightcap for the first time the other night and was very impressed. Looking forward to scouring the tobacco forum for more recommendations. Doesn’t take much to impress me - as long as it doesn’t have some heinous topping I’m easily impressed!

Reactions: Servant King

MikeDub

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2022
SoCal
What part of SoCal do you call home?
I used to live down in the harbor in San Pedro. I used to tromp all over that area.
View attachment 176127
Currently Costa Mesa, although not for much longer.

Ive spent time in San Pedro going to the Fish Market which is amazing. My general rule of thumb for eating in LA is that if there isn’t a fairly formidable language barrier to overcome and you aren’t sure exactly what you ordered, it’s probably not worth dining there. Fish Market checks all the boxes

Reactions: Streeper541

hyperstar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 10, 2022
Formosa, Taiwan
Hello and welcome from Taiwan. My father used to smoke cigarettes. He quitted it like 20 years ago when I was in elementary school. We've never had the chance smoking together. Even when I invite him to smoke pipe with me now.

Reactions: MikeDub