PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Professor Moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 13, 2023
United States
I love pipe smoking! Over five decades, I have accumulated lots of pipes, tobaccos, accesories, paraphernalia, books, artwork, lore, antiques, etc., and have met many good pipe people.
I've lived in several states, and always visited pipe shops when on business trips and vacations.
I've been active in pipe clubs and pipe shows.
I started smoking cobs as a tike, now I smoke mainly briars, but I also have cobs, meers, calabash, and even a big cherrywood and calumet.
I also built myself a decent hookah!
I only recently began reading pipe forums, shopping online, and watching a few good YouTube channels -- I am amazed how much I have learned! I thought I was old enough to know everything by now. 😅
My favorite pipes are smooth briars with dense grain in traditional shapes---mostly English, Italian, Irish, and American pipes.
My favorite tobaccos are ... all of them! Variety is the spice of life.
I have recently begun to smoke 9mm charcoal filtered pipes from Germany, France, and Denmark; in my old pipes, I smoke mainly codger blends nowadays.

I have been active here for a few weeks so please feel free to check out my posts.
I find this platform somewhat different from, say, Twitter or Instagram in that "following" people here seems to have no effect other than to creep people out!
See ya in the funny pages,
- P.M.

Last edited:

Professor Moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 13, 2023
United States
I love pipe smoking! Over five decades, I have accumulated lots of pipes, tobaccos, accesories, paraphernalia, books, artwork, lore, antiques, etc., and have met many good pipe people.
I've lived in several states, and always visited pipe shops when on business trips and vacations.
I've been active in pipe clubs and pipe shows.
I started smoking cobs as a tike, now I smoke mainly briars, but I also have cobs, meers, calabash, and even a big cherrywood and calumet.
I also built myself a decent hookah!
I only recently began reading pipe forums, shopping online, and watching a few good YouTube channels -- I am amazed how much I have learned! I thought I was old enough to know everything by now. 😅
My favorite pipes are smooth briars with dense grain in traditional shapes---mostly English, Italian, Irish, and American pipes.
My favorite tobaccos are ... all of them! Variety is the spice of life.
I have recently begun to smoke 9mm charcoal filtered pipes from Germany, France, and Denmark; in my old pipes, I smoke mainly codger blends nowadays.

I have been active here for a few weeks so please feel free to check out my posts.
I find this platform somewhat different from, say, Twitter or Instagram in that "following" people here seems to have no effect other than to creep people out!
See ya in the funny pages,
- P.M.
Correction: I've been a pipe smoker for 40 years, not 5 decades. But I did smoke cobs occasionally as a young lad--always with Borkum Riff cherry 🍒