PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Mar 3, 2024
Slaughterville, Oklahoma
I find VA are much easier to handle when dried out a lot. Drying them changed my opinion of that type of blend.
I've tried that and everything else and I just don't get along with them. Not a concern to me. Burley and Virginia are like Bourbon and Scotch. Some like one and some like both. What I get from the Virginias that I do tolerate suits me fine. What I get from dark fired and burley satisfies me. Red Virginia straight up blisters my mouth. No loss.

Reactions: anotherbob

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Been smoking pipe for a few years now. I've settled on Dark Fired, Burley and black Cavendish as the staples of my enjoyment. Virginias are almost entirely out of my rotation but once in a while I'll smoke one that doesn't scorch my mouth(Sutliff and Newminster flake). When the mood hits me and I'm pining for something different I add some Latakia to a bowl of Mac Baren Old Dark Fired for some campfire goodness that is hard to beat. When the family gathers I pull out a nice pleasant aromatic because........ well, you know.
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: Cracklin' Tobaccy

daberman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2021
Atlanta, GA
You sound like a proper gentleman who smokes aromatics for others lol! You win for most badass town name thats for sure, I was curious what business is slaughterville known for and read in the wiki:
"Slaughterville was named after a grocery store run by James Slaughter in the early 20th century." Would have been funny if he was like a barber...

Anyhow welcome to the forums! Hail from Atlanta Ga

daberman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Haha, was closing out the wiki page and caught this tidbit on Slaughterville Oklahoma!

"The town name was the subject of controversy in 2004 when People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) asked Slaughterville to rename the town to Veggieville, offering a donation of $20,000 of veggie burgers as incentive. Slaughterville's town council heard presentations by members of PETA and local citizens before voting against the suggestion." - Wikipedia