12 Fresh Ashton Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mar 3, 2024
Slaughterville, Oklahoma
Been smoking pipe for a few years now. I've settled on Dark Fired, Burley and black Cavendish as the staples of my enjoyment. Virginias are almost entirely out of my rotation but once in a while I'll smoke one that doesn't scorch my mouth(Sutliff and Newminster flake). When the mood hits me and I'm pining for something different I add some Latakia to a bowl of Mac Baren Old Dark Fired for some campfire goodness that is hard to beat. When the family gathers I pull out a nice pleasant aromatic because........ well, you know.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Been smoking pipe for a few years now. I've settled on Dark Fired, Burley and black Cavendish as the staples of my enjoyment. Virginias are almost entirely out of my rotation but once in a while I'll smoke one that doesn't scorch my mouth(Sutliff and Newminster flake). When the mood hits me and I'm pining for something different I add some Latakia to a bowl of Mac Baren Old Dark Fired for some campfire goodness that is hard to beat. When the family gathers I pull out a nice pleasant aromatic because........ well, you know.
I find VA are much easier to handle when dried out a lot. Drying them changed my opinion of that type of blend.