PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Wheels

Lurker
Mar 19, 2024
Orange county, California
I gave up smoking over 40 years ago because it was bothering my lungs. But I saved my pipes and some tobacco. I've missed it, especially when outdoors on cool evenings. I'm 84 now and I'm going to try it again and see how it goes. Maybe in small doses and done right I can enjoy it again.

I discovered I have forgotten how. My first light up burnt my tongue and was nasty. So, I've been lurking here and learning all over. Thanks to the informative posts I am getting the knack again. I've collected a few pipes, but nothing expensive. Tonight I tried my Chacom Excelsior 112 with meerschaum cup liner and it was pretty good.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the North!

Please
put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Welcome from Michigan! Glad to hear you saved your pipes and tobacco; I'm sure there are some gems in there that you would've sorely missed had you gotten rid of them.