PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

draysniro

Lurker
Mar 11, 2024
Just found this forum while looking for possible clubs in the area. I saw a post about a club in Albuquerque, and now can't seem to find it, lol. I'm just a little north in Rio Rancho.

Anyway, I'm new to pipes having purchased my first one on the Riverwalk in San Antonio back in 2000 while in my first tech school. I smoked it a couple times and still have it somewhere (I think). I couldn't find it, so I ordered a kit from Amazon and have begun my adventure of taking it more seriously and learning about the pipes and tobaccos. I've always liked cigars, but find that pipes aren't as offensive to most people - at least with the aromatic blends. I'm learning quite a bit from several youtubers and enjoy deliberately taking the time to sit down and smoke a pipe. The deliberateness and taking the time to put my day on pause is something I've needed for a while now and I find that it helps to calm my mind.

Anyway, I look forward to learning from you all and possibly meeting up with some if I can find that post about a club, lol.

Mar 10, 2024
Clinton, CT
Just found this forum while looking for possible clubs in the area. I saw a post about a club in Albuquerque, and now can't seem to find it, lol. I'm just a little north in Rio Rancho.

Anyway, I'm new to pipes having purchased my first one on the Riverwalk in San Antonio back in 2000 while in my first tech school. I smoked it a couple times and still have it somewhere (I think). I couldn't find it, so I ordered a kit from Amazon and have begun my adventure of taking it more seriously and learning about the pipes and tobaccos. I've always liked cigars, but find that pipes aren't as offensive to most people - at least with the aromatic blends. I'm learning quite a bit from several youtubers and enjoy deliberately taking the time to sit down and smoke a pipe. The deliberateness and taking the time to put my day on pause is something I've needed for a while now and I find that it helps to calm my mind.

Anyway, I look forward to learning from you all and possibly meeting up with some if I can find that post about a club, lol.
Welcome sir!

Reactions: draysniro

Bbailey324

Lifer
Jun 29, 2023
Austin, TX
Welcome from Austin, Texas. Haven't been to San Antonio in a few years but don't remember a pipe shop on the river walk either. Also didn't hang out there a lot.

Reactions: draysniro

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM

Albuquerque pipe club meets every 3rd Thursday of the month. At the Albuquerque press club from 5pm to end time. 😀