PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Butter Side Down

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2023
Chicago
Welcome from a native Burqueño now living in Chicago.

I went back to ABQ in September to visit a friend and asked if anyone on here knew of any pipe shops out there. Unfortunately, I didn't get any responses so I think there might not be many forum members in NM.

I did find a couple of small shops on my own in town while I was there. One of them might know if there's a local club.

Monte's Cigars and Pipes - 3636 San Mateo Blvd NE

Stag Tobacconist - 11200 Montgomery Blvd NE Ste 20

Reactions: SignalEater

camaguey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 25, 2021
west indies

I went back to ABQ in September to visit a friend and asked if anyone on here knew of any pipe shops out there. Unfortunately, I didn't get any responses so I think there might not be many forum members in NM.

I did find a couple of small shops on my own in town while I was there. One of them might know if there's a local club.

I recently checked. Stag do not hold a pipe club. Monte's do but with a inscription charge of $500 (i rather have a new Castello for that money).

Snook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2019
Idaho
Welcome from Idaho! My wife and I visited your state on our honeymoon in 2019. It was incredible! Hope to make it back some day.

• Love

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Hello, from Santa Fe. I've been wanting to start a pipe club for awhile now but not enough interest from other pipers in the area. I'd be willing to take the 45 minute drive to meet up with some fellow pipe smokers in albuquerque. I think we can manage with a few members at first. Won't grow if we don't try huh.

camaguey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 25, 2021
west indies
Hello, from Santa Fe. I've been wanting to start a pipe club for awhile now but not enough interest from other pipers in the area. I'd be willing to take the 45 minute drive to meet up with some fellow pipe smokers in albuquerque. I think we can manage with a few members at first. Won't grow if we don't try huh.
Count with me. We already are 3.

SignalEater

Lurker
Jan 15, 2024
Welcome from the Center Of The Known Universe!

Ashland, Oregon

New Mexico is indeed The Land Of Enchantment! I was in Santa Fé to attend some opera performances last August and to fill up on New Mexican cuisine, which can't be beat! I also found a really nice santos of St Francis for my kitchen. Loaves and fishes, baby!
Glad you enjoyed your trip! The food really is something special, here.

SignalEater

Lurker
Jan 15, 2024

How fun! I’m originally from the great Chicago area (NW IN). Good idea on checking w/ the local spots.