PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Awesome. Met a bunch of famous people, Ray Bolger was probably the #1. Amazing guy. The crap just like the rest of us.

tenor.gif

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Tobacco tins with actors' autographs? Reminds me of the time when I was a little kid and I got the famous football running back Eddie George's autograph on my Smashing Pumpkins CD :rofl:

the85boro

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2019
Eddie is a big dude. I've seen him a few times in Nashville downtown. Fun to watch at a game too.

h3rodotus

Lurker
Jun 7, 2019
Folanator, totally. And there's a big difference between admiring someone for their art and being impressed by fame.
If you would like to see my Nightcap tin, I think you will enjoy Al Pacino doing a little stand up comedy at the end :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVkxasjtdI&t=140s

h3rodotus

Lurker
Jun 7, 2019
Lawdawg, I remember that dude he was awesome. I'm going to make little curio boxes with pictures of the actors and the tins and hang them on my wall. And all the tins are full, I look forward to that day in the future where people will debate opening the tin because the tobacco inside is so rare and tasty, a real Sophie's choice to whomever inherits these haha. The nice part is when people are like, "WTF is this?" Lonnie Anderson and a bunch of other people were at this party. I had her sign a tin of Small Batch Sanselpolcro and she said, "Oh, my father used to smoke a pipe," it brings back a lot of fond memories.

h3rodotus

Lurker
Jun 7, 2019
So, the lighting really sucked and this is probably my worst photo ever because I really didn't care about this group shot but some of you older guys like myself might have fun trying to pick out the faces of stars from Happy Days, Giligan's Island, Bewitched and others :) The woman on the left is the museum owner.
Anybody care to venture some guesses?
ARuF57Y.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.