PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
Yeah, Georgetown T.'s good -- iconic shop, definitely. Crouch is down on King St. in Old Town, not far from the Torpedo Factory, & Il Porto restaurant if it's still there. If you like cigars their humidor is stellar if it's anything like it was back in the late 70s. I used to run their store out in Landover Mall (obviously back when it wasn't dead yet -laugh-).
B
Il Porto is still there and torpedo factory is one of my favorite places to see new art! Don't know how I missed Crouch haha
Johns Hopkins U: lived around the Homewood area; one summer lived 3 blocks west of Memorial Stadium. (4 yrs)

Johns Hopkins Sch of Hygiene & Public Health (before it was Bloomberg Sch of Public Health): lived north of Homewood & one block north of Patterson Park (2 yrs)

UMB: lived in Catonsville & Columbia, MD. (4 yrs)
There are Forum Members who grew up, lived, or currently live in or around Baltimore, & others who live elsewhere in MD.
I'm quite familiar with that area, my Step-Mother worked for Johns Hopkins for many years, she taught their x-ray tech classes for a time, and my Father lived behind the Pickles near Camden Yards! Small world man!
Thanks, everyone for the warm welcomes!

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
Hello Matt! I'm from the DC area originally....born in DC, grew up in PG, and worked in Germantown for 20 years. I moved to New Orleans in 2011. I used to frequent Davidus (the now-defunct Bethesda location mostly) and the Tobacco Shack in Germantown and Montgomery Village. Back in the day I used to hang out at JB Sims on Darnestown Rd. a lot before they went under.
Good to see another DC person here!

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
Gerryp, Thanks! It is indeed very cool to see other D.C. and MD people here too! Glad I joined up!
I used to spend more time at the Davidus in Annapolis (That’s where I grew up), they’ve got a pool table there that’s always been a good time. I use to go to the one near Olney a bit while I worked in Rockville which I think is still there, haven’t been back out that way since I don’t need to for work, as I’m sure you know the beltway is best avoided unless absolutely necessary.
Hope New Orleans is treating you well!

Status
Not open for further replies.