PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The clanger is a traditional Bedfordshire dish (a bit like a cornish pasty, but better).

Great! I was worried that it was a pejorative term*, or could be. [That sort of Clanger sounds delicious, and I'd have one for breakfast right now if I had one.]

*Such as "'E's a bit of a clanger; his wife left him and he just got demoted at his job"

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Welcome from Chicago

GettyImages-1057157166.jpg

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
Welcome. I drove past Bedfordshire about 4 weeks ago on my way north. Was in the UK for 2 days on a business trip. Was thinking about a quick detour to have a look as my relatives left there about 150 years ago for NZ. However I was was short on time. Maybe on the next trip!

BedsClanger

Lurker
Oct 31, 2019
Welcome. I drove past Bedfordshire about 4 weeks ago on my way north. Was in the UK for 2 days on a business trip. Was thinking about a quick detour to have a look as my relatives left there about 150 years ago for NZ. However I was was short on time. Maybe on the next trip!
Where in the shire were they from?

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
Welcome to the wit and wisdom of the forums. What tobacco do you like to smoke? No prizes for guessing mine.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Welcome from Ohio! I'm glad you clarified what "The clanger" was. I thought it was a condition men got from doing to many jumping jacks. (sounds painful)... rotf

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.