PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Hello everyone and greetings from the Great Northwest.

I am a longtime pipe smoker.

How long? Well, I was a member of alt.smoker.pipes back in the previous century.

But I am shiny new here and look forward to reading and learning.

Best to you all.

Ray

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Love Seattle...if you like seafood...you are in heaven. Do they still have Skippers fast food out there?

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
Hi Ray! Welcome from Colorado. I used to live in South King County, and I certainly miss the summers there. Fall, Winter and Spring not so much. But definitely miss the food and the Sound and Coast, particularly on the Peninsula.

newportpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2011
Newport Beach, CA
Greetings from So Cal! Seattle is a great place. Great summer weather, nice people, and awesome seafood. Heading up there in September can’t wait.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
There are still many great seafood restaurants here, more options than ever really. From traditional humble local spots like Spuds in West Seattle, larger local chains such as Ivar’s to

more upscale chains like Anthony’s Homeport and beyond. Seattle is having summer at this very moment, temps in the high 80’s and the annual Seafair bacchanalia is in full swing. If you visit in September you’re usually in a sweet spot as summer starts late here but typically lingers into October. However, there are a few residents who will tell you the only difference between Winter and Summer here is the rain is warmer in Summer.

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
Welcome, welcome to a great place! I've been to Seattle a number of times, lots too see, but as of late, alot has changed...

Although, we ARE considering USK, Washington for retirement...
Dan

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello, Ray.
Welcome to the forum from Austin, Texas.
I was in Portland for 2 years before moving to Texas.
When I first got to the PNW, I was unsure of my final destination, so I visited Portland and Seattle. The experience of highway navigation caused me to choose Portland, but both cities are quite nice.
If I could figure out how to spend winters down here and summers up there,I believe I'd have nothing to complain about!
jay-roger.jpg

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
Welcome from the east side of the state sometimes known as The Great American Redoubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.