PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Pressman

Lurker
Dec 27, 2020
Hello everybody I haver just joined and look forward to this experience..I am an ex cigarette smoker who got tired of the mental images regarding lung damage ,yet is loathe to cease a visually pleasing ritualistic hobby. So I got my wife to buy me a pipe and tobacco for Xmas as am taking my first steps on the pipe journey.I am an outdoors person having worked as a safari guide in Africa and now present in England working as a chef and wildlife guide..Took my new pipe into the woods, found a nice view and lit up..Now hooked as visually it looks great, tasted great and complemented the view..Total newbie but happy..

LEP7cv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2020
Portugal
Hello everybody I haver just joined and look forward to this experience..I am an ex cigarette smoker who got tired of the mental images regarding lung damage ,yet is loathe to cease a visually pleasing ritualistic hobby. So I got my wife to buy me a pipe and tobacco for Xmas as am taking my first steps on the pipe journey.I am an outdoors person having worked as a safari guide in Africa and now present in England working as a chef and wildlife guide..Took my new pipe into the woods, found a nice view and lit up..Now hooked as visually it looks great, tasted great and complemented the view..Total newbie but happy..
Welcome, I'm also an ex-cigarette smoker, been off since 2014, don't go back! Best wishes!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
something about the woods and smoking just mix.

Prunetucky84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 17, 2020
Clovis, CA
Welcome Gary, from Fresno, California! You’ve lived a really neat life it seems! I’ve always wanted to go on a Cape buffalo hunt in search of an old, battle scared, dugaboy. When you were a PH, what gun did you carry? I’ve always wanted a Heym jumbo in .577

Reactions: Gary Pressman

Gary Pressman

Lurker
Dec 27, 2020
Welcome Gary, from Fresno, California! You’ve lived a really neat life it seems! I’ve always wanted to go on a Cape buffalo hunt in search of an old, battle scared, dugaboy. When you were a PH, what gun did you carry? I’ve always wanted a Heym jumbo in .577
Hi there I carried my old faithful WinchesterModel 70 in .458 Mag...I have my autobiography entitled " Soul Safari" on Amazon and that describes all my big game hunting days..Buffalo is my favourite hunt with all its thrills,spills and sudden frights...375 Mag is known in Africa as the one calibre you can anchor anything from Warthog to Elephant and is the calibre most Professional hunters recommend for Africa...Fired a 577 as well as a 600 Nitro and what a experience!

• Wow
Reactions: Prunetucky84
Status
Not open for further replies.