number6

Might Stick Around
Apr 28, 2011
(or maybe notso heavy :? )
metal-600x462.png

asteroid1

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2011
Nice collection. Do the twisted stem falcons smoke any different than the standard?

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
oh man....we need more close up pics of some of the colored ones for sure.....outstanding. But I didn's see a Quiet Comrade pipe in there.
And what is the one on the top RH side? I need all the details on that one..I gotta have it....NOW. :wink:

number6

Might Stick Around
Apr 28, 2011
The book was written by the granddaughter of G.L Hunt the first distributor and later the manufacturer of Falcon pipes. Its an interesting book describing the history of Falcons, their expansion to the UK etc. ("From the Ashes" is the title)
Pipe on the upper right is a French made Jima. (http://www.smokingmetal.co.uk/pipe.php?page=159)
The twisted stem or "shillelagh" pipe smokes the same as other Falcons since the central stem is the same.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Yeah I gotta get me at least ONE PIPE with some metal on it eventually. Just nothing that looks like a crack pipe >.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Falcons are good pipes I have 6 of them, 1 Kirsten, and a ventilator That's My Metal ones.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Always found the 'metals" interesting and once thought I would start a collection of them. Never did. I do have some Vikings and quite a few Grabow CDL's and one beat up old Filto.

Nice collection you have there!

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Nice collection........ I see some there that I have. I got interested in pipes of metal a while back and have a small collection myself. I'll have to dig them all out when I get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.