PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Russ,
Don't get me wrong.. Black House is really good! I find it best when I am in the mood for something with a little more kick.
Love the Baron's review of it... :puffy:
Jason

Jan 8, 2013
All the hype here, and the Baron's review ( I call him the Baron of Blackhouse) and his Youtube Blackhouse tattoo video inspired me to want to try it. A member here sent me some... loved it... I think it has a cool woody kind of thing going on, and then I bought some. And now as you see in my siggy, I bleed black.

bogglor

Might Stick Around
Nov 30, 2012
As we discussed in the other thread, I really don't think it's got a lot of latakia in it at all. Everyone's palate is different as we all know, but I honestly find it to be the most evenly balanced Balkan blend on the market today. Just picked up 2 more oz for smoking now and another couple tins for the cellar!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I just got my first tin! I will try it out soon. It's great to see Russ here, I love your Anniversary Kake!

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Love BH. Not all the time, but a few bowls a week really hits the spot. One of my dogs is a Black Blood I think. This is the only blend I smoke where she rests her head on my lap the whole bowl and just stares up at me. I guess in her mind the room note meets her approval.
:puffy:

patiobum

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
Opinions are like left ears.....everybody has one. That is why we schmoke a variety of blends.
I too like Black House, not a favorite but it is a good blend and worth a re buy... to me.
It's nice that we can express our opinions without fear of someone going off on a *%#(^% hissy fit. 8)

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
I smoked BH on the way in this morning. It really is a great blend. I was in the mood for it :)
Jason

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
BlackHouse isn't, by any means, a Latakia bomb. It contains approximately 40% Latakia by weight, but Latakia weighs out heavier than many tobaccos, so it's probably about 30% by volume, but it was made that way because of old information regarding Balkan Sobranie 759 which put the Lat content at 40%.
Russ

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I should know better than to evaluate a tobacco based on a single bowl.
For me, three bowls is the bare minimum. But I need 10 before I'll post a review anywhere. (Unless I absolutely hate a blend. . . which I can sometimes know for sure after even a partial bowl.)

Status
Not open for further replies.