PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
I'm not so great at folding and stuffing flake; however,

Try rubbing it out first. I smoke 6 or 8 bowls a day and well over half of that is flake blends, so I've tried just about everything that you can do with a flake. Take enough for a bowl full and rub it out into a small bowl. Don't get too carried away, you want a mix of different sized pieces of flake. Put the largest pieces in first using only enough pressure to get it even, you want it fairly loose. Put the medium sized pieces in next, keeping the top even. You want a little fairly fine rubbed flake on the top, that makes it much easier to light and will get the bowl burning evenly.
The one drawback to rubbing out flakes is that they will tend to burn a little hotter this way. If you take your time and sip rather than gulp, I think you'll find that this works pretty well. The only time I fold and stuff is when I'm going to be outside and it's windy.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
this tobacco is a little leafy. Perhaps I could give it a little more breathing room.

A looser pack works well for me with MO and other blends with this type of cut.

The end result I aim for is a load that retains a spring to it when you press the top with your finger

Status
Not open for further replies.