PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefflee01

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2015
Leesburg, GA
I picked up an 8 ounce tin of it and decided to give it a try. After getting it in the mail yesterday and opening it up a good camp-fire smokey aroma greeted me right away. My first thought was this is going to be good. It was dried perfectly in the tin. I proceeded to pack a bowl and gave it a charred light. Tamped and gave it it's regular light and noticed the creamy camp-fire aroma coming out. As the bowl progessed it was ever changing with a bit of a peppery taste with tangy taste popping its head up every now and then. I would definitely recommend this as a good blend for anyone to try.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I'm glad you like it. This blend started off with an off-hand comment from one of my daughters who was working at our shop at the time. She asked me if I could make a blend called Distinguished Penguin, so I thought about how to do it. I figured it would have to be all light-colored and black tobaccos, so it's made of bright Virginia and Carolina flake-cut tobacco, stoved Virginia, Latakia, and black Cavendish. For those who like Latakia in subtle amounts, Distinguished Penguin might be a good choice.
Russ

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Since the cold snap hit, I have dusted off my old penguin slippers...
penguins-600x337.jpg

Maybe it's time to dig out the tin I got in June.
jay-roger.jpg

jefflee01

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2015
Leesburg, GA
I've smoked around 5 bowls of it and between the 40-45 degrees and rain it is well worth it. Tastes very suitable for the weather here

Status
Not open for further replies.