Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Tobacco prices have NOT gone up............... the VALUE of the DOLLAR has dropped........
^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

I'm reminded of precious metals. I look at the gold and silver charts almost every day, and have done so for years. Up, down, up, down....it's not the gold/silver that's doing that, it's the dollar's value (or lack thereof) relative to it! No wonder they don't teach this stuff in school. What would the bankers do without their currency monopoly? I guess they'd have to get up off their asses and start lookin' for a job. Heaven forbid!

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Over the past few years ,Nowhere on earth tobacco prices haven't been skyrocketing in such a quick tempo like in Denmark&Finland ,

Cough 'Australia and NZ!' Cough, Cough..

Nothing to be proud of but 5 years ago I would pay $70-$80 AUD a tin..
Now $120-$130 AUD.

But this year I've had good luck with a few international orders.

So now I have technically saved myself hundreds with a small cellar of maybe 2 pounds.

So yeah, inflation on the US side isn't going to trouble me one bit.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've smoked C&D blends so long that, back in the day, I'd order direct from C&D with Patty Tarler answering the phone and taking my order.
Yep.? Craig used to make me pound bricks of Black Frigate without the latakia. Wonderful days.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I remember getting a flayer advertising Barry Levin's LPI tobaccos, blended by McClelland. Must have been the early 1990s. You had to order three 4 ounce tins. They were $9.40/tin. I really struggled with paying that much for a tin of tobacco. lol

Mike S.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Yep, it’s always going up. And, why is it that some people feel a need to put someone down for asking a simple question?

When I started on this forum, I could by five pounds for about $100, and frequently bought about 15 lbs a month for $300. It does suck, but as said, “it will never be cheaper than today.” That’s just reality.

No need for people to give asshole responses to a question, IMO.
The problem with that is if you have a group full off assholes…you kinda have to expect asshole responses. However, I get your point that if we are gonna promote a hobby with a certain brotherhood, we should be a touch more tolerant to those that are not in the know & ask genuine questions. ?☕

tzinc

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2021
Toronto
The reality is the government taxes are atrocious. But they believe they can increase taxes and we are addicts so we will pay no matter what. They are like the crack dealers. However I have no problem cutting down to 1 or 2 bowls from 3 or 4 bowls a day. The other reality is they like the tax money they get but if they keep increasing tax...

Reactions: Ebarber and JOHN72

Kal

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2021
Misplaced Texan, in Ohio
I noticed a increase in sutliff balkan sobranie original mix match by $2-3 per pound bags. But also bought 3 tins for 50 cents cheaper then last order.

Reactions: JOHN72