PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
My statement about the new equipment may have been a convoluted misunderstanding with Public Pipers new facility tour. I watched both videos (old facility/new facility) quite some time ago. I noticed a change in ribbon when I bought a few tins of Bridge Mixture, which I thought was cool. New ribbon cut!!!!! And have recently seen in Redburn. Yea the Redburn was a loose cake versus older cakes of other tobaccos like 5 O’clock Shadow. But it didn’t mess with the flavor. Maybe Redburn burned faster but it was a new release....nothing to compare it to. Taste great to me. All my questions (in my mind) have been answered. Thanks to Sykes and Jeremy for responding.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Is it real, or is it Memorex? Great replies by the guys in the know, and my guess is that initial moisture at the time of pressing could make a big difference in how the cake forms- density and adhesion. Time differential is present, too.
Eleven minutes to show differences in two cakes.... Sheesh!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Boss, you got me. It's over my three minute limit, but I did FF to the revealing of the cakes.....
And I am grateful when guys who aren't blowing smoke chime in. Even if- maybe especially when- it turns out to be a shibboleth.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
A Sheaf of Wheat or Ear of corn? Near A water Fall!!!!! :?
Pipeliner may be a member And will lurk around enough to discover this thread. Who knows? The YouTube PipeCommunity Vs. the Forum Comunity is so passé, I’m glad Jay posted the video.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I just can't bring myself to watch many of these youtube videos. I try leaving them on in the background and then I just don't pay attention. Anyway, at the risk of being chastised by Cosmic, I am also thrilled that we have members like Jeremy and Sykes to address our questions rather than let conjecture spiral out of control in a feedback loop. I wonder if the aging matters in terms of the change in the cake, if the cake just dries and solidifies slightly. I don't really know, but I doubt that a thinner ribbon would actually cause less compression in a cake.

Anyway, at the risk of being chastised by Cosmic

Ha ha, I don't chastise folks for being grateful for having these guys on here. Heck, that is what makes this forum the best of all of them. I just think it's funny when we get folks like Per Jensen of MacBaren, and his response to complaints of his tins rusting was... They are going to rust because we sprayed them with vinegar. And, everyone is like, "Thank you, thank you, this is why I love your products." I think that the star dazzled effects of having celebrity post overrides what they actually say.

Status
Not open for further replies.