PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannish

Lurker
Aug 10, 2013
been playing guitar over 30 years but I do not polish pipes or guitars. I play 'em and smoke 'em
my favorite guitar playing pipe smoker was Albert King, since Stevie got a lot from Albert I suspect Albert influenced the pipe also.
I do apply some oil to my 1934 Gibson L-00 to help the wood - linseed oil is what has been recommended to me. My other guitars I just don't polish or clean - all of them are beat up somewhat..I have around 14 guitars oldest being a 1932 National Duolian metal body

zulu268

Lurker
Aug 18, 2013
Been playing guitar for around 16 years now. Currently own the big 4 Strat, Tele, Les Paul and SG (no 335 though). Maybe Dr Ducks on the outside of the pipe but I certainly wouldn't try lemon oil.

mannish

Lurker
Aug 10, 2013
GAS is bad. I have started making my own strats from unfinished bodies using nitro paint. I have sold a few it's a bad hobby but lots of fun. I use Fralin, Lollar and Chris Klein pickups. I could not figure out pictures.
cool that so many pipe smokers are also musicians

mannish

Lurker
Aug 10, 2013
I never really had AAD or AAS Amplifier Acquisition Syndrome. I have Fender silverface Princeton, Princeton Reverb, reissue Deluxe Reverb and Roland Micro Cube. That pretty much covers all my needs. I use the Princeton Reverb on most gigs

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Yeah, I guess I have AAd with about 10 amps in the basement. My main rig is an original Flextone. That does it all for me. My oldest is a Kustom 100 I bought in 1969. Someday I'll need to cull the herd.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
smeigs, that Gretsch was an absolute impulse buy. I "needed" another guitar like another hole in my head but the itch required scratching. It does play real well and it is a BIG guitar.

pipingruotsi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 6, 2013
For the time being, I've cured myself of GAD and AAD. It's way too expensive and I just don't have the room. I'm at a manageable 5 amps and somewhere around 20 guitars. There's a few things that will never leave me though. '63 Brownface Fender Vibrolux, a '63 Ampeg Reverberocket that is one of the last w/tube rectifier, a 1940s Kay archtop and a strat that doesn't have a single Fender part except the pups. That guitar has been with me forever and just seems to know what it should play without me telling it -- couldn't pay me enough to part with it.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
604d6970.jpg

I've been playing guitar since high school...more years than I care to mention. This is one of my favorites, an Ovation VXT that I just played at church.

kylemaxwell

Lurker
Aug 14, 2013
I am a bass player, and have been playing around five years. I currently own five basses, with a 2010 USA Fender Jazz being my main axe.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I want one of these heads. A Randall RM4. Normally Randall makes junky solid state heads. This one is neat because you can swap out cartridges or channels to get different sounds. And it's a tube head.
DV016_Jpg_Large_180275_web_comp.jpg

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I've been playing for at least 8 years, maybe 9. I came to school as a guitar performance major, and though I switched to English and History I still take guitar and composition lessons. Had a halfway decent band in highschool and did that whole thing. The guitars I still have are a 2003 Gibson Faded Les Paul Studio, 2010 (?) Gibson limited edition Tribal Explorer, ESP/LTD PC-1V semi hollow, a classical guitar and a Breedlove Passport.

Status
Not open for further replies.