Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pipe smoker of 40 years here but late in joining the online community - nothing against it just so busy. Born to a family of pipe smokers in the mountains of western Maine. My father, grandfather, grandmother, uncle, and aunt all smoked pipes and I would "borrow" my dad's while still in high school in the 1970s to puff away on some Bond Street. Finally began in earnest when joining the USAF in 1980 and for 20+plus years was a regular at the now-forever-closed Fader's in Catonsville, Maryland while stationed at Fort Meade. I go through phases in my tobacco choices and for the past two years have been mostly on burley blends, but I feel a turn back to Virginias and Virginia/Perique tobaccos. Time of day is important in my choices, and in late afternoons and early evenings, I seek out an Virginia/Oriental blend. Look forward to connecting with folks both here and hopefully in person. I spend summers in Maine and would like to connect with folks there, although the current legislation in Maine seems to have diminished the number of puffers.

Scotty

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida.

Having grown up in Boston and lived in other places in N.E everyone knew, never go into the woods in Maine with a weird looking kid and his banjo.

Can you say Deliverance. I knew you could.

• Haha
Reactions: dcon and paleoman

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Hello and welcome from West Virginia. I try to smoke a wide variety of different style tobaccos so that I don't get bored with any one type. I gravitate toward non-aromatics and burley blends. Since you have smoked for over 40 years, as have I, you have probably tried many blends and have a good idea of what you like. This is a fun group with a lot of knowledge and a great deal of laughs.

Reactions: dcon and paleoman

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Welcome from the New Jersey Shore! I have an affinity with the Naval Base, Jacksonville. I was born there. Don’t remember much—I was a little busy that day.

Bond Street was the blend favored by C&D Blender Bob Runowski and he sought to duplicate Bond Street in the creation of Pegasus.

Having never smoked Bond Street, I’d love to hear your comparison to Pegasus.

Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: paleoman
Welcome from Florida.

Having grown up in Boston and lived in other places in N.E everyone knew, never go into the woods in Maine with a weird looking kid and his banjo.

Can you say Deliverance. I knew you could.
I think I was that weird kid - I actually play banjo and the guit-fiddle. I come from an area where the moose outnumber the people - still to this day!

Hello and welcome from West Virginia. I try to smoke a wide variety of different style tobaccos so that I don't get bored with any one type. I gravitate toward non-aromatics and burley blends. Since you have smoked for over 40 years, as have I, you have probably tried many blends and have a good idea of what you like. This is a fun group with a lot of knowledge and a great deal of laughs.
Thanks for the welcome. I am similar in that I gravitate to non-aros, burleys, Virginias, and Oriental (never much for the Latakia processed ones though). OJK fills my pipe most mornings, with Pegasus in the afternoon and GLP Embardero with my daily scotch.

Reactions: kcghost
Welcome from the New Jersey Shore! I have an affinity with the Naval Base, Jacksonville. I was born there. Don’t remember much—I was a little busy that day.

Bond Street was the blend favored by C&D Blender Bob Runowski and he sought to duplicate Bond Street in the creation of Pegasus.

Having never smoked Bond Street, I’d love to hear your comparison to Pegasus.

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the taste of Bond Street, although I still remember that scent. I enjoy Pegasus and the different versions of OJK, Haunted Bookshop. Jacksonville has probably changed a lot since you lived here. I went into the USAF in 1980 from here, and chose Florida over Maine to retire, now teaching at Flagler College. Getting a bit crowded here now though and looking to return to Maine.

Reactions: Grangerous
Status
Not open for further replies.