PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JohnTully76

Lurker
Jan 24, 2024
Hi everyone,
I’m a 20 year blue collar pipe smoker and collector from the southside of Chicago. I’m also a bit of a cigar lover too! I dont really get into too much discussion on forums. I more or less read and learn. Even after 20 years I can get over zealous in my puffing and wind up nursing a bitten tongue and I go back to basics. Lol!
I figured I’d finally join and say hello…possibly make some friends and meet fellow pipe smokers in my area.
Chicago seems to be more of a cigar town so running into other cigar enthusiasts is easy. Pipe smokers and collectors? Not so much.
I have a small collection of about 20 cobs and a dozen briars (mostly Savinellis)…my tobacco collection has been growing since 2016. I don’t think I’ll have enough time to smoke all of it my lifetime so I think the goal is to whittle down the tobacco jars and build a serious pipe collection. I’ve got my eye on some Petersons and some Jaconos. Savinellis will always be in the mix too!
Well, it’s good to be here (I’ve been lingering for years actually) and I’ll try to jump in on some of the discussions as I dig in.
Cheers!

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hi everyone,
I’m a 20 year blue collar pipe smoker and collector from the southside of Chicago. I’m also a bit of a cigar lover too! I dont really get into too much discussion on forums. I more or less read and learn. Even after 20 years I can get over zealous in my puffing and wind up nursing a bitten tongue and I go back to basics. Lol!
I figured I’d finally join and say hello…possibly make some friends and meet fellow pipe smokers in my area.
Chicago seems to be more of a cigar town so running into other cigar enthusiasts is easy. Pipe smokers and collectors? Not so much.
I have a small collection of about 20 cobs and a dozen briars (mostly Savinellis)…my tobacco collection has been growing since 2016. I don’t think I’ll have enough time to smoke all of it my lifetime so I think the goal is to whittle down the tobacco jars and build a serious pipe collection. I’ve got my eye on some Petersons and some Jaconos. Savinellis will always be in the mix too!
Well, it’s good to be here (I’ve been lingering for years actually) and I’ll try to jump in on some of the discussions as I dig in.
Cheers!
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
It'd be easier than you think to run into Chicagoland Pipe Collectors. They have a Club that meets monthly an hosts the biggest pipe and tobacco show in the western hemisphere every spring.