PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2019
Hello everybody! I'm IronBrigadePiper, a.k.a. Ben. I first picked up a pipe in my early 20's, and smoked it on and off for a couple of years. I didn't get serious about it until Fall of 2017. I was encouraged to give it another try by an older gentleman that I ran into in the park. He was smoking some Sir Walter Raleigh and the fragrance of the smoke took me back to my childhood when by great grandfather would smoke his pipe at various family functions. Since then, I've been hooked! I started off with cobs, but mainly smoke briars now. My favorite pipe is my Savinelli Series III shape 320 "Author". I'm currently torn between MacBaren's HH Pure Virginia and Seattle Pipe Club's Plum Pudding as my favorite tobacco blends.
I chose IronBrigadePiper as my screen name because I used to do Civil War reenacting and portrayed a member of the 19th Indiana Volunteer Infantry Regiment; part of the famous Iron Brigade. I love history and the stories of the past. I guess that's why I'm drawn to pipe smoking. I feel that there's so much history behind it. Anyways, this intro has been long enough. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I've been hooked!
ARO MADNESS!!!!!!!!!! Strikes again........
320.....fugly pipe, fantastic smoker. Hard to go wrong with most Savs, honeslty. I am a 315KS and 122 guy myself. HH pure virginia and SPC Plum Pudding are absolutely fantastic tobaccos. Welcome to the forum from Knik River, Alaska!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello, Ben.
Welcome to the forum.
Do you have "period correct" style pipes to go with your reenactment attire?
We need pics!!
jay-roger.jpg

frankrem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2019
Huntsville, Arkansas
Great choices in tobacco and just acquired a 320 myself. Seattle pipe club plum pudding is my fav so far as well. So many more blends yet to explore though :)
Welcome from Arkansas.

Reactions: anotherbob

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
Welcome to the wit and wisdom of the forums. Should you ever be in the greater San Fran area, please do look up the Golden Gate Pipe Club which meets at Telford's.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.