PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor

Lurker
Apr 18, 2013
Never heard of a corn cob pipe before but they do look reasonable. The true test for a mm is to see if I can get it past the other half

connor

Lurker
Apr 18, 2013
Where I live looks just like the shire from lord of the rings. It's very peaceful and my family all ride horses which is something worth trying ! My idea is going on walks in the country side with my a good pipe . I have vary varied tastes because I want the relaxation that a pipe brings then go out on weekends and party Probbably the worst at being a young man ever !

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
a Churchwarden, to me, is something that you purchase later in your pipe smoking career after you know that you definitely like smoking a pipe. Cobs and affordable briars are a great way to start. What exactly is your budget? How much would you be willing to spend on one good pipe or several pipes? I avoided cheap briar from the beginning and went with affordable pipes with a good reputation for being good smokers. Stanwell, Peterson and Savinelli come to mind. You can buy a pipe from any of them for under $100.00 and get a hell of a good smoker or a pipe that is easy to trade.

chopsie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
@connor

If you're in the UK like it appears you should check out the Gauntleys of Nottingham website. The site is down for maintenance at the moment (will be back later today if its like the last time it happened). I have contacted them by email to ask them questions about tobacco before and got a fast reply that was a more thorough answer than I thought I'd get. If when looking at their site you have any questions about any of the pipes etc I highly recommend either sending an email or calling them on the phone. If you don't have a tobacconist close by I highly recommend asking about what tobaccos they would recommend to a new smoker as well, they do sample sizes of many types of tobaccos as well, and the shipping time is very quick. The main thing when buying a pipe is finding out if it will pass a pipe cleaner with the stem on (its not a must but can make a smoke a lot more enjoyable if the pipe begins to smoke wet midway through a bowl as you can then get the excess moisture out of the pipe.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Welcome, Connor. I've just been reading the prior comments.
So what pipe did you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.