"Greeneyes" Featured in SP.com's Online Magazine!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Thanks George, OzPiper and Jesse!! It's always an honor being asked what you think, in any setting, and especially so on a platform as visible as that one. The idea for the interview came from a friend who persistently emailed Chuck Stanion, as Smokingpipes is always on the lookout for "blogworthy content." It's nice to be given the opportunity to credit the closeknit group of mentors and friends I allude to in the article. 🙏

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Thanks George, OzPiper and Jesse!! It's always an honor being asked what you think, in any setting, and especially so on a platform as visible as that one. The idea for the interview came from a friend who persistently emailed Chuck Stanion, as Smokingpipes is always on the lookout for "blogworthy content." It's nice to be given the opportunity to credit the closeknit group of mentors and friends I allude to in the article. 🙏
They should be thanking you. This is the most interesting article they’ve put out in years.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
A good read.

It is such a treat to have enthusiasts like Fernando (@greeneyes), Jesse (@sablebrush52), Al (@ssjones), Jon (@jguss), Tim(@ashdigger), @RustiePyles CPG, @fetterjohn, @alaskanpiper, @tfdickson, @orlandofurioso (+ others I have missed mentioning - you know who you are :)) show off their collection and generously impart their patiently gleaned and pieced together bits of information on these forums.

As a fledgling pipe smoker, I really appreciate threads like these
Thank you gents.
Fledgling he says! 😂

You have a stellar collection sir!

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Fledgling he says! 😂

You have a stellar collection sir!

Thank you sir !

I became enamoured with pipes when perusing the threads showing the collections of those named
I inadvertantly missed naming @JimInks and @Chasing Embers
Also past members like Fish, Casimir, Virkia, Danielplainview, Mark Achtman, Jason Robards (@Klause)

I have been trying to persuade a friend to join and contribute photos of his collection of (older) Danish pipes
He has THE most extensive collection Pibe Dan pipes I have seen

Also @telescopes and @Briar Lee.
How many here would have known of the existence of Pipes by Lee and Marxman :eek: if it weren’t for the enthusiasm of these 2 gentlemen

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
As a true fledging, the article adds very interesting perspective to my haphazard approach.
While I’ll probably never be “serious” collector, the more I find my groove and tastes I also am drawn in to the history of brands and genres that I develop interest in.
My big takeaway from the article was "As with most things, it's important to know what you know and know what you don't know”. The google world is rife with regurgitation, and I’m blessed to have stumbled on to this forum, which has given me access to many folks that have great perspective.
@greeneyes ’ commitment to sharing only well-learned knowledge for the likes of myself is truly appreciated.
Best of luck in the career you’ve worked hard to position yourself for, and thanks for sharing your passion for the hobby we all share here.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Thanks George, I would have likely missed the connection to forum member Greeneyes. We're blessed here to have participation from members like Fernando. We don't always get a peek into someone's soul, I feel like we did thru that article.
The new (to me) crop of writers at SP have been doing great work.
It would be great to meet you at a pipe show someday, Al. I feel as though we have many friends in common. I don't know if you'll make Chicago this year? I feel like you're a regular at the Columbus show. I hoped to make it last year but I didn't get the opportunity due to work.