PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Dec 24, 2012
"Books are useless! I only ever read one book, “To Kill A Mockingbird,” and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds! Sure it taught me not to judge a man by the color of his skin…but what good does *that* do me?"
- Homer

scottishjohn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2012
Broomfield, Colorado
The only difference between a rut and a grave is their dimensions. Ellen Glasgow
The best portion of a good man's life- his little, unremembered acts of kindness. William Wordsworth

And here is one that epitimizes capitalism:
Catch a man a fish and sell it to him. Teach a man to fish,and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. KARL MARX
As well as the quote below from RS....)

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
"Books are useless! I only ever read one book, “To Kill A Mockingbird,” and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds! Sure it taught me not to judge a man by the color of his skin…but what good does *that* do me?"
- Homer
Oh that Homer. :clap:

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Clearly I am obsessed, is it insanity or pure genius you be the judge.
“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

― Dr. Seuss
“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”

― Dr. Seuss
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”

― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

― Dr. Seuss
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”

― Dr. Seuss
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.”

― Dr. Seuss
“You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.”

― Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
“They say I'm old-fashioned, and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!”

― Dr. Seuss
“You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room.”

― Dr. Seuss
“You'll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. You'll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left.”

― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
“And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow,

stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”

― Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”

― Dr. Seuss
“Be who you are and say what you feel,

because those who mind don't matter,

and those who matter don't mind.”

― Dr. Seuss
“I know, up on top you are seeing great sights, but down here at the bottom we, too, should have rights.”

― Dr. Seuss, Yertle the Turtle and Gertrude McFuzz
“He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.”

― Dr. Seuss
“You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.”

― Dr. Seuss
“To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.”

― Dr. Seuss
“Don't give up. I believe in you all. A person's a person no matter how small.”

― Dr. Seuss
“~I love my job. I love the pay!

~I love it more and more each day.

~I love my boss, he is the best!

~I love his boss and all the rest.
~I love my office and its location. I hate to have to go on vacation.

~I love my furniture, drab and grey, and piles of paper that grow each day!

~I think my job is swell, there's nothing else I love so well.

~I love to work among my peers, I love their leers, and jeers, and sneers.

~I love my computer and its software; I hug it often though it won't care.

~I love each program and every file, I'd love them more if they worked a while.
~I'm happy to be here. I am. I am.

~I'm the happiest slave of the Firm, I am.

~I love this work. I love these chores.

~I love the meetings with deadly bores.

~I love my job - I'll say it again - I even love those friendly men.

~Those friendly men who've come today, in clean white coats to take me away!!!!!”

― Dr. Seuss
“Unless!”

― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

cezario

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2012
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ( Winston S. Churchill , Harrow School speech , October. 29. 1941. )

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
"Do not take counsel of your fears." - Thomas J. Jackson (Also attributed to Patton, but he was an admirer of Stonewall.)
And this one, carved over the Jackson Arch at VMI:
"You may be whatever you resolve to be."

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Also, I like to think that I made this one up myself:
"I don't care about apathy."
I love quotes, and use them constantly, but I wish I could rise to the dedication of Sothron:

I have been texting out a quote of the day to a select group of friends for a while now - this Jan marks my fourth year running.
That's dedication!!

oldpops41

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2012
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and i dont know about the universe"

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I made this one up when I became a manager for a poorly performing PVC pipe plant -
Your expectations cannot exceed your efforts - Rick Phipps

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” Dr. Seuss
Neidermeyer: “......individual acts of perversion SO profound and disgusting

that decorum prohibits listing them here.”
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning,

that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Sinatra

pipesicle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2012
S.E.Iowa
Being in love for the first time is alot like hunting lions...its exciting but you are in dangerous territory!

acme

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2011
It ain't what you don't know that is the problem, but what you know that ain't so.

Status
Not open for further replies.