Great Pipes, Awesome Price...but...bit-rough around the edge ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pufferissimo

Might Stick Around
Jan 20, 2012
Hi Fellas,
Browsing the net, and I just couldn't believe that i accidentally found this awesome estate pipes site loaded with an amazing array of lovely pipes, incredible price with very reasonable shipping to my neck of woods!
Being a newbie on-a-budget pipe smoker from a country where pipe-smoking is virtually non-existence, I asked quite a lot through emails.
Particularly about a small/medium pipe which honestly capture my attention at the very first time i saw it, however a scratch/crack appears on the tennon where it met the pipe stem. I consulted him quite a bit on it (since there is formal pipe repair shop anywhere in Indonesia)
Its all good at first...till thing begun juust lil' bit itsy-itsy...itchy ?
Eventually perhaps he gets annoyed of me asking him lots of info, as his last email kind of saying that he'll stop answering/providing more information, or I should save more money to buy better pipes.
Maybe its just me being too noisy, or..he got ticked by the fact that i asked him to lower the price since i may have to commissioned another iron-smith/jeweler to put an aluminium ring on the pipe, or maybe its just a not a good day for him, difference in culture, etc...
I reply by saying i note his advice and wishing him a good weekend.
I do feel uneasy of how things went; but anyhow this is my learning curve that i had to go through.

Bit puzzled, but im a newbie...im bound to ask tons of question and do make mistakes.
Well..need your advice/comments please ?
Technical question : when a crack/scar appears on the tenon, how is the best remedy for it ? would a ring solved the issue ? what material ?
I know the solution is entirely depends on the degree of the damage itself, but im just curious.

I'll be happy to provide picture of the crack (through private email off-course :) to better describe it
Happy weekend and have nice puffs :puffy:

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Anyone in business should answer any question you have. What kind of pipe are you looking for. I have some estates that I am cleaning up. Let me know what you are interested in and I will send you some pics and prices. I want to help all new pipe smokers if I can so ask away!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I have noticed that any emails that are spoken in imperfect english get immediately regarded as not a serious e-mail. I usually order only from people I can get on the phone if I don't have a lot of good sources giving them a thumbs up.

pufferissimo

Might Stick Around
Jan 20, 2012
@batdemon & @jchaplick : I cant gave the site publicly, since this fella perhaps wasn't in his best mood when i emailed him. Also I didn't want to put his business nor personal under the spotlight :)
But, yeah lets chat/PM a bit so i could get better picture of you guys intention. But i gotta hand it to the guy, he got nice pipes there !
@shaintiques : wow ! will do ! thank you so very2x much ! will also PM you.
@spartan : you kind of hit the jackpot with the "improper english" part. Have we been emailing the same person ? 8O

LOL. yeah, wish to be able to pick a phone and discussing the pipe/tobacco with a knowable person directly.
I live in Indonesia where pipe-smoking is not any part of our culture, so the internet and flea market is our resource so far 8O
@all : its just awesome to get replies from you all in such a short time. This forum rocks !!! :worship:

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey pufferissimo here is the latest lot of pipes I am cleaning up to sell, pretty much all estates. I think there is one new pipe. Some are ready some in process. There are about 8 edwards, a peterson, a comoy, a kaywoidie, an Aldo Velani, an amphora, and others, let me know if you see anything you might be interested in.
ba75071d.jpg

21cb3018.jpg

1ed23cc1.jpg

pufferissimo

Might Stick Around
Jan 20, 2012
Wow!
Okay everyone, please keep your fingers of the keyboards!

As Shaintiques says..its all mine...miiineee....my preciousssss...miiineeee
(*Gollum Mode*)
8O

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I want to know your thoughts on the Super Value Pipe Tobacco in the picture lol. You like that stuff or just trying it out?
I would try to get a pipe... but valentines day is coming up and i'm 90% sure i'm getting a churchwarden.

pufferissimo

Might Stick Around
Jan 20, 2012
Hiya Dave,
I like the looks of the top left, the rusticated/sandblasted one.

What is it ?

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Grrr... Mattia.. email sent with a screenshot of one I may be interested in... even though I'm on 60 day moratorium... you're killing me. All I can hope for is that someone else snags it before I do so I don't get in trouble with the misses ;-)
And pufferissimo... I'm looking at a different one, so no worries !

Status
Not open for further replies.