PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I'd go for a vintage Omega or Zenith myself. Maybe something like this:
zenith-class-new-vintage-1955-watch.jpg

I have a really old Zenith but it is in pretty bad shape, although working.

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
The Bulova is a very nice present indeed. I'm kind of a watch snob in that I like mechanical watches best. I began collecting pocket watches when I was a boy and never looked back. I did't begin wearing a wrist watch on a regular basis until I was in my'30's though. Urwerk makes very nice watches; would like to have on some day.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
I've always been fascinated by the Omega Speedmaster Professionals. Something about being certified by NASA for extravehicular activities.

Jul 12, 2011
I'm Breitling crazy...maybe someday ;-)

http://www.breitling.com/en/models/professional/chronospace-automatic/versions/index.php

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
This is a bad thread for me. I am such a watch queer, many Omegas, Zenith on and on. There is a Speedmaster with a meteorite face at the jewelers I almost bought for my birthday. I still fight the urge to just do it. Man, this is bad, WAD (you know what it means)

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
I was always collecting watches, but got into pipes now I have tamed down watch fetish. I did recive a nice Seiko solar powered for christmas. Its no rolex but suits my needs.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I have an Omega Speedmaster I wear on certain occasions, but mostly it sits.
I have a couple of the Russian watches with the military theme, but rarely wear them.
have a Smith and Wesson "soldiers watch" with tritium dials I bought to wear on the scooter at night, so I could tell time easily. Rarely wear it.
Bought a Casio G-shock Mudman in black and red for a work watch. Wear the hell out of it. my favorite watch, by far.
Got a G-shock solar/atomic for Christmas that I like a bit less than my Mudman, but I alternate it, at work, daily with the Mudman.
Bought my wife a Baby-G-shock (ladies version of the Casio G-shocks)for Valentines Day. She needs a good tough watch for work and the gym, but one with at least a bit of feminine appeal.
I have gotten to be a bit of a G-shcok addict. Not all of the designs appeal to me, especially not the true "fashion" ones, even though they are all tough watches. I would like to get one of the aviation style mechanical/digital they put out, but they are up there in price for a Casio...
71pqo%2BsNYOL._AA1102_.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I like the Black Cobra, ready to buy, but it ONLY comes in black. That, and it costs as much as the home I built...
CCI_BlackCobra.jpg

I always like the Oakley line, but not sure I'd pay that kind of cash for an "Oakley" brand wrist watch. This one can be used as a wristwatch or pocket watch.
4e4432ff0db11.jpg

I have an Accutron,the wife gave it to me for our 25th wedding anniversary. Hopefully the last wristwatch I'll need to purchase...
26b63_1.gif

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
As men have very little jewlery made for us, I have to say I appreciate a nice watch (pokcet/wrist). One day I hope to be able to splurge and get myself a Bvlgari watch. Great craftsmanship. Most run around the same price as a Rolex though. http://us.bulgari.com/productList.jsp?subcat=cat00167&cat=cat00003

Status
Not open for further replies.