Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Women who've had too much.
bud-wise-errrr.jpg

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Guinness is food. Everywhere in England I saw billboards that says "Guinness, it's good for you". I thought that was a hoot.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I'm not a large quantity or high incidence beer drinker. That being said, I do love a good beer. My taste in beer seems to be much like my taste in everything...I like beers that are well made. There isn't a type of beer made that I don't care for. As long as it is a well made beverage I'm in. Everything from Germanic lagers to Belgian ales to a good ol' pint of the British black stuff seems to be a great accompaniment to the pipe.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
I love beer so much, that I used to subscribe to Beer magazine. My son has been saving beer bottle caps since he was a kid. He has a 3 foot tall plastic beer bottle completely full. No kidding. Over a thousand.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
The good thing about beer is it keeps more people from finding out about the joys of a single malt scotch . It can be used to put out bbq flame ups . .

southernbriar

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
I watched a show on Discovery named "How Beer saved the World" There was many very interesting facts about Beer. There is too many to list. It is a good watch. I will note a couple.
1. Hundreds of years ago the alcohol percentage was lower and nutritional value higher.

2. They took water from a duck pond full of bacteria and when the beer was complete it was safe to drink

3. Travelers in those times took Beer so they would have safe drink in case clean water was not available.

4. Pasteurization was originally discovered to preserve Beer longer, which also is used for Milk.

5. Refrigeration was a prime focus for Beer

6. Glass Bottles were massed produced first for Beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.