PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
As I mentioned we had some water damage to a little used room following a big storm here. Insurance covered much the repairs and we added in a bit more and the result is a nifty den, now giving me a handy place to read, smoke and (maybe, sometimes)work.
No before pictures -- just picture water-logged tan carpet and water-stained walls in a room full of storage bins.
After pictures below. Half the room (club chairs, tobacco and whiskey, reading lamp) is completed.
On the other side, is clearly not. I'll be concealing the electrical cords after putting a flat screen above the marble table I use for a casual desk. (That office chair dates back to the 1940s and was my Dad's, as was the silver flask you can see on the black shelves. I like having those bits of Dad in the room.) The walls are decorated with b/w photos of places we have visited. Only about six are up now, with another dozen or so to go.
Wood floors, minimal books and no fabrics (except for throw pillows)should battle any potential for a build up of bad smells. The A/C in that room doesn't have a return of its own, so with the door closed you cannot even tell I'm smoking when you're elsewhere in the house -- and that's latakia. (If needs be I can weather strip the door and put in a HEPA filter, but so far, so good.) After two weeks, all in the house declare the room a success -- and my bride and I find we have our habitual "Dad's home from work" chat there these days.
room5.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Very nice. Love the shelving with the pipe rack. I plan to do something similar myself someday. Got a few things in the honey do jar before that though. :)
Simon

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
Turned out great! Those chairs look very comfy. Could while away more than a few hours in those with a good bowl to puff and a nice drink. That marble table is cool too. :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.