Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I'm from a very small family. There are maybe 15 of us (including cousins), all of which are out of or across the state for this Thanksgiving. As a result, we are going to the other side's family for a traditional meal.

Being half Armenian, my holiday meals typically include some Middle Eastern food (pilaf, grape leaves, cheese/spinach pies, pickled vegetables and cured meats, baklava). An example of a Meza (appetizer) spread is poctured below.

Since I am a firm believer in passing traditions on to my daughter, I will be picking up some small items for my daughter and I to share for lunch tomorrow to share in my tradition.

20221124_084517.jpg

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
Made a round trip voyage to my brothers today for a Thanksgiving lunch. My brother is a former executive chef (25+ years). Perfectly cooked turkey, creamy mashed potatoes w/giblet gravy, squash casserole, cornbread dressing, country style green beans, homemade mac and cheese, homemade cheesecake and pecan pie. Heading to Knoxville tomorrow for my wife's families day for well done turkey ( Christmas vacation style) and stuff from boxes and cans.

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
Made a round trip voyage to my brothers today for a Thanksgiving lunch. My brother is a former executive chef (25+ years). Perfectly cooked turkey, creamy mashed potatoes w/giblet gravy, squash casserole, cornbread dressing, country style green beans, homemade mac and cheese, homemade cheesecake and pecan pie. Heading to Knoxville tomorrow for my wife's families day for well done turkey ( Christmas vacation style) and stuff from boxes and cans.
Sounds like my mom’s turkey. Growing up, I was convinced I didn’t like turkey. Turns out, I just don’t like dry, over-cooked turkey.

alsatmem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2019
It’s just the wife and I, and I do the cooking, so I’ve got a couple of 16oz filet mignon, skewer some shrimp and grill. Make some dirty mashed potatoes and garlic bread. Probably chop some romaine side salads. If there are leftovers, I’ll do up “brinner” this weekend! (Brinner is breakfast for dinner, in case you don’t know) scramble some eggs, reheat the steak with sautéed onions, make some toast…
She does the shopping and buys turkeys whenever they’re on sale to drop in the deep freeze. So I cook turkey year round.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
18 lb. spatchcocked turkey which is still dry brining in the refrigerator, sour cream mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans with bacon, shallots and pimentos, homemade dinner rolls, Amana style cottage cheese (just add a little buttermilk and chives) and for dessert pecan pie and apple pie! image.jpg

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
Got the bird in the brine right now. Will be putting it in the smoker with pecan wood in the morning.

My man. Brined bird from Tuesday night into Wednesday afternoon. Pulled out of brine for an oil rub down with turkey rub on the outside. Garlic, onion, orange, lemon,apple with rosemary thyme sage stuffed inside. On smoker at 6 am. Pellet smoker with cherry, maple, apple, hickory wood mix.