PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
I miss golf; I used to play a few times a week. The Punch Rothschilds double Maduro was my choice on the course, one each 9 holes and held up nicely. I even played a few rounds at Oakmont CC. The best was when I lived in Hawaii, the courses there are just beautiful and in perfect condition.
If you ever get a chance go to a colonial country go for it. I went to Fiji and played the Trent Jones designed course there. The second day there was a horrible storm, and this Aussie and I stood in the club house all alone, then it was &^*% it. On a colonial course you get 3 young caddies each, when you hit on the driving range they give you about 10 balls and they chase them, when you’re playing they carry the bag, fix the divots and go stand by the ball. Need a drink, they’re on the move. The rain was horizontal but even with 60 yard drives we were determined and laughing so hard we could barely talk afterwards.
But the back pain has put an end to those years. Swimming is about it now. I do have hopes that when they fuse my spine I may be able to play 9 holes again. Doc says it’s possible.
Craig

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I played in storms a few times...hurricane ike was one, course when it got to north Texas it was just a frog choker..chilly and horizontal rain, but we had the course to ourselves :D it was more like hitting a rock than a golf ball tho lol

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
I love golf! I'm beyond terrible at it, but I love it. I need to buy new clubs, since I kinda threw my old set into a pond and swore to never play again. Bwahahahaha.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
@Chris to the day I die, I'll never forget those 14 holes in that horrid storm. Oh! Something else cool happened because of the storm. Flight was delayed a few days from the rain washing out a good part of the runway. I got to celebrate New Year’s twice. Because of the International Date Line, celebrated in Fiji and then again on the plane crossing the line... Just another cool part of the trip.
@Ron Yeah I kept an extra putter in my bag, a couple went for a swim over the years. lols
Craig

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
katy-perry-grammys-2013-02102013-01-580x435.jpg

scurvydog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 23, 2012
I play as much as I can, which is only about 3-4 times a month. I live on a golf course and should play more often, however I have an endless supply of free golf balls. You can have those blades, I play a set of classic Ping BeCu irons.

Status
Not open for further replies.