PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Some of you might be getting tired of seeing my pipe refurbs, so here are some pictures of my girlfriends first pipe restoration. She did everything. Ream, clean, removal of tooth chatter with a file, wet sanding, staining, and polishing. My only part of the process was giving instructions and taking the pictures. She said her favorite part of the restoration was the stem work.
Weber imported briar
2dD4d1jl.jpg

TQgoGa1l.jpg

DLnTWEbl.jpg

VUPh6wFl.jpg

nachman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2013
Wow! She's a better man than I am, Gunga Din. Perhaps I should send her a few of my old gunked up beaters.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
You are a wise man Dan. I see where this is headed, and no one is tired of seeing your results, or your girl friend's either.

Stem work, indeed!

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
Unbelievable 1st restoration and a clever move :wink:

So that in the future you can have her restore estate pipes and you sitting down to enjoy. :puffy:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Pipe restoration is as good a definition of "keeper" as I have ever heard. Amazing work!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
She did a great job!! Put her to work!! Or send her over here and I'll put her to work in my shop!

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
After having completed the resto of a VERY dirrrrrrty Savinelli I wish I had a pipe restoring girlfriend too. It was such a mess....... 8O
But for this one I´d say the talent for pipe restoration seems to be running in the family Dan. :D

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
I am envious of this and all future glories that are in your future. This is clever as all hell.
I hope you two enjoy the hobby together!

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I never get tired of looking at your restorations! You provide inspiration for my own feeble attempts at it.
Getting the stems right usually takes the most patience, especially to get them glassy smooth like that one. Kudos to your talented girlfriend.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is some awesome work. If your girlfriend would like to come to Sarasota Fl and practice on some pipes, I have plenty she can work on. It can be like a working vacation. I will pay for room and board and we have a nice pool and great beaches. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.