PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinister

Might Stick Around
Oct 3, 2012
Central FL
Found someone selling local, an estate GBD rockroot #884.
5 1/2 "/Length

1 7/8'' Bowl Height

3/4' Chamber
Current asking price is $30
Sound like a good deal?

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Got any pics? it is the least expensive pipe they made in the 60-70's but some I have seen are quite stunning and made from good briar. If it is in good shape I would say go for it.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Sounds like a good price to me unless it's worn out. If you can pass a pipe cleaner and there are no burn throughs, I'd go for it.

sinister

Might Stick Around
Oct 3, 2012
Central FL
Here you go!
8086873174_d2b2a21b1d.jpg

Seller says its a 10/10.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I have been watching that one on eBay. It used to be $39. That is a heck of a deal for $29. Our resident GBD expert concurs that that is a super nice pipe. Near mint! I showed him pics of it when it was at the $39 price. He suggested that it would be a very nice pipe at $50 even. If you're in Deltona and he has that for sale at $30 in the shop, drop what you're doing and go buy that thing! The only reason I passed is that I am holding out for a GBD Pre-Caldogan Era Prehistoric Poker.

sinister

Might Stick Around
Oct 3, 2012
Central FL
I have been watching that one on eBay. It used to be $39. That is a heck of a deal for $29. Our resident GBD expert concurs that that is a super nice pipe. I showed him pics of it when it was at the $39 price.
I sent the guy a message. He actually lives in the same town as me, so I can hopefully just go over to his place to see it and/or buy it. I dont need it, so if I am stepping on your toes, please let me know....

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
No, I edited my post. I fat fingered and hit the post before I was done typing. By all means, go get that thing!

sinister

Might Stick Around
Oct 3, 2012
Central FL
Seller got back with me. Says I can come check out the pipe in person, but he wont sell it to me unless I win the auction (no one is currently bidding right now). Based on what gwtwdbss said and it already being available previously with no one buying it, hopefully I'll be able to grab it. Kinda sucks if Im standing right there with cash and he wont sell it (given if no one else already has money on it), but I guess he is going to play by ebay's rules, which is fine, I understand.
He mentioned he works on pipes 35hrs a week and does a bunch of freelance. I'll see if I can grab some pics of his collection and pass it along here for those interested.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
He mentioned he works on pipes 35hrs a week and does a bunch of freelance. I'll see if I can grab some pics of his collection and pass it along here for those interested.
Heck ya! We love pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.