PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Im loving your in-depth reviews! You're also reviewing tobaccos I'm head over heals for. I recommend you also try the Coconut twist and my absolute favorite of the twists; Happy Brown Bogie! It's such an amazing, unique smoke that pairs so well with morning coffee. It's obviously the same blend as the Sweet Maple Twist just in different proportions and little to no topping. If you're not into preparing the twists you can always buy Brown Twist Slice, it Happy Brown Bogie thinly sliced up.
Keep these reviews coming!

beastinview

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2016
Thanks for feedback and encouragement!
I think I'd like Happy Brown Bogie, since it's just a smaller version of the rope without topping, but I really, really like those subtle toppings! But I'm probably going to try to get around to trying all rope tobacco that has "Gawith" in its name. I think Glynn Quelch may have mentioned that the smaller ropes are a bit stronger, as one gets more of the wrapper leaf. So perhaps the bogie might be a tad stronger than big ropes.
It makes me curious to order some of those pigtails made principally for chewing.

btsteve

Might Stick Around
Nov 4, 2015
Sellersburg, Indiana
Smoking Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Sweet Maple Twist, for the first time and it is very good. It does need some drying time, I let it dry for about 1/2 hour and wish I would have let it dry an hour. It has a subtle sweetness and a more robust flavor than most average pipe tobaccos. I am a cigar smoker also and this tobacco reminds me of some of the flavor I get from cigars. Definitely will be buying more of this in the future.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
For some reason I can’t wait to smoke this again.
Glad you liked it. The above statement is the best thing one can say about a blend! Personally, I have not yet met a rope I have not liked.
One good way to smoke a rope is to put some ribbon cut above and below it with a few coins of rope in the middle.

bentbob

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2015
I didn't get on with the Sweet Maple Twist - no reason why. It seems to have everything I like but it just didn't work for me.
However, I do like Brown Bogie and Brown Irish Twist. Both good, strong and full flavoured.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Gawith&Hoggart seem really interesting blender with decades long tradition,sadly their products only sells in England and U.S,though at this particular moment I still feel not ready enough for their ropes,these type of ropes and plugs certainly would knock me off, as did Irish Flake by Peterson ,but so it was nice tasting round, creamy and full,definitively some later I'll be back into this genre,

Status
Not open for further replies.