Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big fan if Dark flake unscented and Curley Cut Deluxe. I also really like their ropes. I just didn't like this VaPer of theirs. I'm also not offended by aromatics in general, it's just that some flavors strike me as very odd. There's the above mentioned use of those flavors or scents in old lady cosmetics. Who knows, maybe if sports drinks, beers, and beef jerky were flavored with these Lakeland "essences" I might feel different. Or maybe not.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Sure, sure, there are a few GH&co non-flavored blends that I do like, but there is no rhyme or reason to it.
Corollary: any GH&co brand can be improved by removing the Lakeland "essence" from it.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
When I first started to really get into smoking a pipe I tried all kinds of different tobaccos to see what I liked. I came across G&H tobacco and came across Lakeland essence and couldn't make it but a few puffs and dumped it out. I gave it to a friend who loved it. I then found their unscented offerings and still got the old lady perfume taste though it wasn't supposed to have that flavor. I gave that to my friend as well. I have not touched them since nor will I ever. If you like it more power to you. That just means there will be more for you.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Scar you seem to make a habit of being a dick, (your word) especially for a new guy, but maybe that's just my Amuricun showing. I'm sure you won't mind enlightening us some more with your superior tastes.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Death Metal, If you try the Kendal blends, and Curly Cut regular, and Dark Birds Eye, I think you'll change your mind. I get no essence of perfume from them.

I hear ya, I wonder why American blenders use such weak tobaccos. GH&co uses about the most versatile and tasty tobaccos

, but then they tend to ruin them for my taste. But, then we are left with American blenders mixing everything down in their non-aromatic offerings, like adding water to my whiskey. I would love to see what McClelland or C&D could do with some of that dark African Viginia or burley that GH gets.

Sigh, until then we'll have to keep waiting for the grandma stank to leave our twists and plugs. Thanks for baring with our grumbles about grandmas douche smelling tobaccos. We'll gladly tolerate your bereft of our American goopy aromatics. We sort of chuckle about those too. But, be aware that our aromatic smokers tend to get grumpy about teasing them at certain times of the month. :puffy:

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
Wow Cosmic!!! I've commented more than once it smells like old lady perfume but not a cleaning product!!! :lol:

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I enjoy the lakeland essence, but then again my wife is 4 years older than me, I have a thing for older ladies.
Isaac.
listening to: Boomin' Granny by the Beastie Boys

Ha ha ha! Yeh, the pink rose soaps smells reminds me of grannie's bathroom with a little bowl of soaps, pink carpet, padded toilet seat, and that hotwater enema/douche bag they all used to have hanging on the shower curtain rack. I guess I just associate the smell with the whole bathroom. I always hated having to pee in there.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
scarface
read your post - are you suggesting that the Louisiana Perique Flake in the heading is more chocolatey than the 2 bcf or cf ? or are you referring to a louisiana flake without the perique ( therefore LF ) -
i tried mc clelland tastemaster but found it none chocolatey.
still searching for a chocolate flavor that stands out as the main flavor - tried a few others no success but not tried the louisiana perique flake.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.