PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
ithelouniverse, quiet nights is the closest thing to penzance (if you like penzance, that is) that i have smoked. It is very smooth and balanced and was recommended to me, like i stated above, by Jeremy at Smoking Pipes when i called about a question on an order. He actually said it was the closest thing to penzance he has had and said it is worth checking out...so i did...and was not let down. It is a great blend, and so is gaslight, lol. Decisions, decisions. Give it a shot on your next TAD order.
I think i am going to revisit it with a few more bowls over the next few days and create a review thread about it, because i think it is a little bit underrated, and had never even heard of it before Jeremy's recommendation. Gaslight steals all the attention in that regard. :lol:

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
Well, I have finally smoked enough Gaslight to feel like I'm "getting it." Wow- this is a truly sublime blend! I would describe it as one of the best Balkans I have ever smoked, but since the term "Balkan" is going out of style these days. It is prettymuch everything I look for in this type of mixture: smoky, sweet, complex, and with enough strength to deter me from immediately craving a cigarette afterward. I also love the presentation and I am still experimenting with the various ways it cam me prepared. Also, this blend really shines in a meet, moreso then any other Balkan I have tried.

ruger414

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 25, 2014
United States
I just ordered a tin after hearing all the good things about it. Smokingpipes.com also had a deal for a free half oz sample of GLP Odyssey so I'm excited to try that too!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I love the gaslight, got 19 tins in the cellar. I ordered this in two batches of 10 each. The first batch is dated 8/2013. These things are really SWELLING UP. I mean they wobble around like crazy, the tins are so rounded on the bottom. I'm keeping a close eye on them, I've had tins do this before, but not this fast and extreme. I do know that usually a swelled tin with some age on it = some fine smoking! Its odd that the other batch doesn't have the least bit of swelling.
Ruger- I love that odyssey! I find I need to pack it a little looser to really get it to burn right and release all the goodness it has to offer.

moonman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 23, 2014
Gaslight is definitely No.1 in my book....smokingpipe has it in the 8 oz. tins....odyssey and quiet night's are next on the list to try.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Will most likely crack open my first tin of Gaslight this weekend.
I haven't prepared a plug tobacco before so would appreciate any suggestions/guides on just how to cut, rub out, etc you experts can provide. I've searched for information and/or videos with step by step instructions but haven't found anything.
Really looking forward to trying this blend and want to get it right!
Thanks!! :puffy:

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I chunk up the plug and then give it a couple of quick hits in a coffee grinder.. then dump it in a zip-lock.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've gone through 2 tins so far and when Greg Pease advises loose packing I take it to heart. A bowl of Gaslight can last me over an hour which I find extraordinary. Great stuff.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Gods but I love Gaslight. The tin note made me nervous initially, but the first bowl soon dispelled that. A deep, fascinating smoke with enough Lady N to make it interesting without the need for a lie down!
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.