New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

D

Danpiper

Dutch cigarillos pack nice in a pipe with no bite when u open them they pack tight and no need to tamp they taste good too is it ok if i do it

• Love
Reactions: woodsroad

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
Nothing inherently wrong with doing that, If you like it i'd say keep it up. However the quality of leaf in those cigarillos are very poor and I think you'd really enjoy the vast array of simple one note blends that are on the market. OTC stuff and simple aromatics like lane 1Q. Happy smoking!
I presume danpiper is dutch. We don't have any otc blends like PA or SWR you can get at a gas station or even a regular tobacco shop which is more a postoffice and newspaper stand. The market for pipe smoking compared to cigars or cigarettes is so small they don't care to stock up.

Smoking a machine made short filler cigar alone is allready not something I enjoy (although the Habanos brands minis are quite tasty), doing that in a pipe sounds even more rancid. A little cigar leaf in a pipe tobacco sounds great, but only as a condiment not as the only leaf you smoke.

Jun 25, 2021
England
I smoke sliced up puritos in a pipe and enjoy it so much it's part of my regular rotation.
I really don't understand why people say - You shouldn't do that.
It's not like there's anything wrong with cigar tobacco is there ?
Otherwise people wouldn't be smoking cigars.

There seems to be a culture that has built up up around cigars and cigar smokers that is Oh so purist, and not a little pretentious.
Smoking cigar tobacco in a pipe is greatly preferable to smoking a cigar IMHO.
And yes, I also smoke pipe tobacco that has a percentage of cigar leaf, such as SG Brown No 4

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
I smoke sliced up puritos in a pipe and enjoy it so much it's part of my regular rotation.
I really don't understand why people say - You shouldn't do that.
It's not like there's anything wrong with cigar tobacco is there ?
Otherwise people wouldn't be smoking cigars.

There seems to be a culture that has built up up around cigars and cigar smokers that is Oh so purist, and not a little pretentious.
Smoking cigar tobacco in a pipe is greatly preferable to smoking a cigar IMHO.
And yes, I also smoke pipe tobacco that has a percentage of cigar leaf, such as SG Brown No 4
I agree. No matter how you look at it, you are smoking tobacco. If you didn't like cigars, you wouldn't be putting it in the pipe in the first place. Smoking a cigar in a pipe would be more satisfactory to me. Not that it matters, but it is probably healthier too because you don't have the tobacco touching your lips all the time.

D

Danpiper

Nothing inherently wrong with doing that, If you like it i'd say keep it up. However the quality of leaf in those cigarillos are very poor and I think you'd really enjoy the vast array of simple one note blends that are on the market. OTC stuff and simple aromatics like lane 1Q. Happy smoking!
Ive tried alot of them but barely get any flavor

Reactions: MidnightPuff
D

Danpiper

I presume danpiper is dutch. We don't have any otc blends like PA or SWR you can get at a gas station or even a regular tobacco shop which is more a postoffice and newspaper stand. The market for pipe smoking compared to cigars or cigarettes is so small they don't care to stock up.

Smoking a machine made short filler cigar alone is allready not something I enjoy (although the Habanos brands minis are quite tasty), doing that in a pipe sounds even more rancid. A little cigar leaf in a pipe tobacco sounds great, but only as a condiment not as the only leaf you smoke.

D

Danpiper

No they are dutch masters cigarillos

D

Danpiper

Dutch cigarillos pack nice in a pipe with no bite when u open them they pack tight and no need to tamp they taste good too is it ok if i do it
Forgot to mention they are honey or java flavor

Bax Burley

Can't Leave
Jul 20, 2021
Pennsylvania
I had RYO cigarette tobacco in a pipe once. For science. It had the consistency of shredded newspaper and burned through a whole bowl in about 5 minutes. I imagine cigar leaf has much better consistency in a pipe.

Reactions: Danpiper

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
Tobacco is tobacco--you can smoke whatever you like however you like.

Back when I used to go to bingo with my wife, there was a regular there who busted up cigars into small pieces and filled his pipe with that, simply because it was cheaper than buying actual pipe tobacco.

kgs

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2021
South Florida
I have a 5 pack of some Italian fire cured cigars. I keep meaning to smoke one but I never get around to it. I have thought about shredding one and packing it in my pipe. I don't think there is anything wrong with it.