Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on tonight's radio show is with author, publisher, and "Pipeman", Gary B. Schrier. Gary is actually the guy that coined the term, "Pipeman" in his second book, "Confessions of a Pipeman". Gary has authored a few books, and has published many more, all specifically for the pipe smoker and collector. As a matter of fact, a few of his publications are considered collector's items themselves. Mr. Schrier is smart, witty, charming, and quite opinionated regarding pipes and tobaccos. Whether you agree with him or not, he is always entertaining to talk to.
Gary and I were hanging out at one of the pipe shows.

kevin-gary.jpg

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I have recommended his book to several others, as it covers most of the information that you need to take your pipe smoking beyond the hobby level. He is a very funny and very opinionated gentleman, I'll certainly be recording this episode.

May 31, 2012
This will be a good show.
I dig the good Mr. Schrier, he writes well and ain't afraid to voice his opinion, however disconcerting that may be to some folk, and he's actively engaged politically against the anti-tobacco lobby --- his publishing imprint, Briar Books Press has greatly enriched every enthused pipeman who adds 'em to the library, and he was right that I'd end up smoking a straight billiard, dammit, they just work so well!
But, I don't think he coined the term "pipeman", that's been around for just about forever, here's a couple of fairly recent (but still old) examples, with Ogden's and A.D. himself!

i5HeboP.jpg

F1sFcfL.jpg

Anyway, I do very much look forward to the good show!

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Wow Kevin just listened to last weeks and it was the first time I've listened to the shows. I love absolutely love them Thank You.

~Ron

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
A wonderful author and pipe man extraordinaire. Briar Books Press is a Godsend. A must source for the enthusiast. Greatly looking forward to this episode.

balcifer

Lurker
Jul 9, 2013
Interesting guest this week got to surf the website they have some interesting books I just order one.

badgercat

Might Stick Around
Jul 18, 2011
Ive been listening to back volumes of the radio show on Sticher...this one was very interesting. I enjoyed the interview with Gary and couldnt help but pick up the inference that he has pissed off some people in the past. WOuld love to hear the back story on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.