PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
OK, "Holiday Inn" is a movie with Bing.

I had a basket pipe that looked like that when I was starting out (sans pretty shiny band). Went out on the Oregon coast and tried to imitate a sea captain smoking in a gale. You'd think the rain would have doused it out but, no, the wind whipped up the ember so hot that I had a burn out. I panicked when I saw the flames coming out of the side of a panel and chucked it on to the sand. The next wave either buried it or carried it away; I don't remember. That was the last time I tried smoking outdoors on a windy day.

The pipe itself was gorgeous for a cheapie. I assume it was machine fraized and that Bing's was too.

elvishrunes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2017
After a quick search this is labeled as a panel pipe, although when I purchased it I had no idea what a panel is, just liked the look. It is a Neerup 6 sided take on a bent panel. It’s the pipe I’ve smoked for 90% of the time this year, for no other reason than it stands up, easy peasy.

IMG_0783.jpeg

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
This one still haunts my dreams, and I've posted about it here a few times. This Musico was on my wishlist at sp, and someone bought before I could pull the trigger. I'm still waiting for one of you to fess up and then sell it to me.

Man I like that pipe ! Sometimes you mix and match ideas and they just work. Four Square bowl and a round shank with MILITARY MOUNT ! It's like two great tastes that taste great together. I think it's the Military Mount that really makes this work for me.
Good stuff all the way

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
you know I agree with him on this they're the only shape I can see the proportions are off by a few millimeters. A billiard that isn't happening with. For me Panel pipes and Bulldogs are in the same boat. A shape I don't really like except when I do I really like it.

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
I had an inexpensive Jeantet four square that I smoked so feverishly over four decades that it eventually died. (I take better care of my pipes these days.) Here's a four square Castello in sea rock for their 75th Anniversary series. All the pipes in that series were based on Castello's shape 33, a chubby Canadian. This paneled pipe has an oval stem and lacks the elegance of the British/French classic but still qualifies as a four square I think. IMG_7322.jpegIMG_7323.jpeg