Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
After seeing that pipestud has addressed me again, I am going to celebrate with a bottle of Crystal and crack my last tin of real Three Nuns, that is how excited I am. Steve, twice in 14 years I really have no words, thank you kind sir, your generosity knows no bounds. - cigrmaster
You are quite welcome, cgrmaster!
That's three.
Pipestud

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
After seeing that pipestud has addressed me again, I am going to celebrate with a bottle of Crystal and crack my last tin of real Three Nuns, that is how excited I am. Steve, twice in 14 years I really have no words, thank you kind sir, your generosity knows no bounds.
I have an actual email correspondence between Steve and I that I have professionally framed and hung over the mantle in our family room. My wife often looks at it quizzically and wonders why it is so important and hung in such a place of honor. I tell her with a solemn look on my face: "because it is from Pipestud ...". She usually walks away shaking her head. I also have a Peterson Silver-Capped House Pipe that he sold me which I smoke only on the holiest of occasions.
All this talk of Royal Yacht has me wondering if I should try some; like a rite of passage. So far I have managed to avoid it.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I have an actual email correspondence between Steve and I that I have professionally framed and hung over the mantle in our family room. My wife often looks at it quizzically and wonders why it is so important and hung in such a place of honor. I tell her with a solemn look on my face: "because it is from Pipestud ...". She usually walks away shaking her head. I also have a Peterson Silver-Capped House Pipe that he sold me which I smoke only on the holiest of occasions.
All this talk of Royal Yacht has me wondering if I should try some; like a rite of passage.

So far I have managed to avoid it. - conlejm
Tell your wife that I should indeed be treated with dignity and respect. I remember those many

years ago when I told my wife that I had figured out a catchy name for myself for my eBay handle

and that I would be "The Pipestud." She looked at me and said very sweetly, "Well, that' great, honey.

And who knows, you may finally become a stud at something." :(
Pipestud

ruscho

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2014
ruscho, I think everyone of us has bought a blend and then thought what the hell was I thinking. I know for me it has happened quite a few times. The last one for me was Samuel Gawith Firedance Flake, that actually tasted like I puked in my mouth. The tin description sounded oh so tasty but damn it was awful.
I think Gawith messed up something with the Fire Dance. When it first came out I got a tin and it was really good, so I ordered 1/4 kilo down the road. You are right, that one smelled and tasted literally like puke. I still have it jarred, but with a "bad" label on it. I would love to know what happened there.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
An overall informational and entertaining thread. It's good to see a pipe forum with some thick-skinned adults on it...not like another forum I once hung out in where the majority of members got butt-sore at the drop of a hat.
Pun intended.
Carry on, soldiers. I have to go spray my tobacco garden with some good ol' lick-smacking PG.

smoketime

Lurker
Aug 2, 2014
WOW!!! What a great thread - the thrills! the spills!!!

I'm new to the forum (though I've peen lurking around for several weeks now)and this is my first post - AND I'm whacked out on Jacknife Plug right now, so please don't judge me too harshly. This thread is one great ride and a veritable who's who of the online piping community! So it just feels right that this is the point where I chime in and start sassing it up around here.
@pipestud: You are one of the rockstars of my world. Sincerely. You were there when I first entered the world of piping 10 years ago (I bought some pipes off you through ebay), and you were there when I returned some months back (I'm still buying). I remember beaming at my wife when I first came across your site - "Look, honey! This guys name is PIPESTUD!! Wowww!!!" There's only one Pipestud. I would love to meet you someday...
@cigrmaster: I am in awe of your cellar and you are my go-to guy when my wife thinks I'm ordering too much tobacco. I showed her your pics and she, too, was in awe. She tells other people about all your tobacco at dinner parties - "He's got it stacked in his closets and coming out of his night stands and from under his bed! It's unreal!" And we discussed at length how your daughters flip flop could have actually gotten into that one photo. I would love to meet you, too. Stay gold, cigrmaster. Stay gold.
@glpease: another rockstar, without a doubt. I don't know if there is a god, but if there is I'm pretty sure he smokes Fillmore.
@ruscho: I'd like to thank you for the ride and the inspiration to finally jump in on these forums. You sir, are a master of snark. A snarkster, as it were. And the world needs you. Don't ever change.
And back to the original post: I'm working through a tin of Renaissance from 2004 that I popped a few days ago. Nope! No PG in this one!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I just read, well, MOST of this entire thread. Why?
The Title! It's the Title that is so outrageous, inflammatory and perhaps slanderous.
G.L. Pease loaded with PG?!
I got reprimanded for not using capital letters in a "Title" to a recent thread I started.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Welcome to the forums, smoketime! This thread was a hoot when it was running hot, but it's not representative of the usual tone on here. Unless Harris (cigrmaster) and Peck are at it or a Higher Being (think Greg or Pipestud) deigns to dive in.
newbroom - Unfortunately you got slapped by one of the NCOs; got to suck it up, as retaliation will end up with you on a charge and marched into the Troop Commander's office for a proper dressing-down!
Andy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The GLP blends I've tried seem as straightforward as any (not loaded with preservative). To step

away from the artisanal blends a minute, Granger will last forever in a can. Maybe the GP is the

"Wellman's" process mentioned on the can. It's still a pretty good smoke.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
88611-beating-dead-horse-gif-South-P-ZqEc.gif

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I'll just stick my head in the door here and say that Greg once told me that I was very wrong, and, indeed, he was very correct.
I attempt to atone for my deviation at the little makeshift shrine I've erected downstairs in the 5th sub-basement
GLPShrine-vi.jpg

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Dan and Doc - PMSL! Very funny! Dan - you obviously have too much time on your hands.
On another front, how's the Project War Horse coming along? Poisoned anyone/gassed the neighbours/burned down anything yet? Simon is a great man but mad as a box of frogs. The two of you together could end badly...!
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.