PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjeorn

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2010
for the last 3 days iv'e been wondering around the place craving something a little fuller, especially since i cant order anything until tomorrow and all i had left was some sg black cherry but today some fvf came through the post wich i had forgot that i ordered,

so i cracked her open to find that it was fresh (really fresh) now dont get me wrong i love fvf but when you want something for a little warm comfort while walking the dog in the snow, it falls at that mark imo. so i took a risk that paid of big.
i took the flakes, dried them out and stuck them in a blender then i added a single flake of s.g balkan flake which i had stowed away hoping that age would give it a lil complexity.

hit the blender, gave it a final rub out, and lit up and its aces it fvf but thicker, creamier, and more winterly but still has the same subtle complexes of fvf to contemplate on.

well theres my tuppence worth if anyone gets the opportunity to try this little experiment i would like to know what you think

cheers

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I love those moments when you take a chance and it ends up being incredible. I have been doing the same with W.O. Larsen Signature Vintage Mixture. One day I wanted this tobacco but with a bit more body and strength, so I tried adding a flake of Fribourg and Tryer Cut Virginia Plug. I now have a separate jar of this mixture on the go.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
bjeorn,
That sounds like something I'd like try over the holidays. Let me know if you age that mix in the future and how it compares.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
As member Fred pointed out, FVF needs to be dried out pretty well before it becomes wonderful. Mixing it with Balkan Flake sounds interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.