PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Well if there is a rampaging belligerent pregnant woman on the loose, it helps if she's mad at someone you didn't like, anyway.

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
I hate to say it but it has to be said.
Sound like she has a little Irish in her........ :D
Thanks for all the advice everyone! Courtney went today and told them what's what!

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Hang in there. I went through this myself, and my wife and I have been together 22 years. I guess my in-laws were wrong about the only lasting 6 months thing. I would say do what you can to keep it civil, and learn to walk away from them, not her, when you have to. I hate it for you. Just remember that there are consequences for peoples actions. My wife's parents hardly got to see their grandchildren. No sleep overs. No kids for the day. Nothing! They have missed out, but because of the love of a great women I have not. Just my $.02 worth.

ruraldean

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2012
I assume the hags enjoyed the free booze at the party?
Good for Courtney, standing up for her man. Sounds like a keeper.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Wow. I'm sorry, but I'm glad Courtney stood up for you and, with them being friends of her mother and not relatives, you won't have to see them again. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding and kiddo!

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I really enjoyed how this story started out on a down note and took a real fiery turn at the end!!! Give 'em hell Irish! :twisted:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
don't piss off a pregnant woman!
Words every man should take to heart.
Sounds like you have a strong women. I've got one of those myself. So far I've stayed in control.
Lord help me when she's expecting. I'll start working on the bomb shelter to retreat into soon. :puffy:

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I would bar those 3 friends from all future events and tell her the reason is that you need to come first as her husband. Those women certainly have no tact, nor respect for you, therefore they should not be a part of your life. If she can not agree to that, you should walk out now before you get married, if she's willing to allow her friends to hurt you now, what else will she allow in the future?

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Hope you don't mind hearing from a new member of this forum, but I too wasn't accepted by my wife's family when we first met. There were a lot of reasons—none of them having anything to do with me btw, mostly stuff like "no one is good enough for my daughter, cousin, sister" type stuff and other childishness).
It's a sad fact of human nature, but most people are quick to judge.
The thing I wanted to say was, once her family got over the fact that we were staying together, everything settled down (took a few years...) I was bothered by it but in order to keep peace and especially not to make the situation more stressful for my wife, I chose not to make a federal case out of it.
I ignored the haters as best as I could and eventually we all became friends (married now 22 years). IMHO, doesn't pay to hold a grudge—you only hurt yourself. In my case, it boiled down to bringing a greater level of maturity than they were able to, and the ability to forgive and forget.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Oh wow man... Now that i have a little background on you i say just be the bigger man. As long as you know in your heart that you love har, and that your intentions are good the rise above all the crap and let their ignorance speak for itself... They are just sick people. Keep the mindset that your dealing with sick people and pity them like you pity someone suffering from cancer. They just have mentality cancer!!!

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Sounds like they can't find the right guy and since their lives are shit, they want you and your fiance to be as miserable as them. Better to ignore them, and go up to your lady and hold her tight. Show her all the affection you can in front of them so they'll know that you're not going anywhere.

maduroman

May 15, 2010
i could make a guess as to their political leanings but will not.....
i see they needed to get drunk on your booze before telling you, in a group of three.
when you are around em give em the 1,000 meter stare, it will freak em out after awhile.
and limit it to those three.
btw, you should buy each one of those 3 a nice gift to thank em for their honest oppinion of you.
they damn sure will change their tune when the zombie apocolypse comes though.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Hell yeah. When society finally breaks down, I'm going to Irish's house! I'll bring baccy and ammo. He can snipe, I'll spot and back him up with my AK while he reloads.

maduroman

May 15, 2010
hey irish, i aint such a bad spotter either and i have a 1911 in case one or two get to close... plus a few other toys to keep em ocupied.
can ya find a mortar?

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I have a 1911 also and a .12ga. shotgun. We're lethal at any range now! Is anyone out there a heavy machinegunner? Nothing like an M-2 for turning cover into concealment.
Edit: How to turn any thread into a gun thread. Just add Veterans. I suppose it isn't a complete hijack since we were talking about in-laws and their snotty friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.