Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

craiginthecorn

Preferred Member
May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
It’s amazing to me how persistent genetics can be, mso489. Also, it’s interesting to me how people can see strong resemblance based upon just a few features. I have photo of another great grandfather from a different branch of my family tree that I had on my wall at my office. Folks who saw it thought it was some sort of faux vintage photo of me. Being an old photo taken with what I believe was an early amateur camera, that image is pretty poor, so the resemblance was probably more about physique, posture, and head shape than facial similarities.
The photo that I shared here was taken by a professional photographer from LaPorte City. I plan to visit there one day. I believe that my relatives and several of their neighbors moved there after a cholera outbreak near their former home near Rockford, IL, where they had settled after many generations in northern Vermont and Shefford, Quebec, near Montreal.
I was too slow buying that Old Dominion cob from smokingpipes. Now they’re out of stock.

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
I have a book of photos of Riverview Park, which was a whole era in the history of Chicago. I went to various amusement parks and carnivals while growing up, but never Riverview, though the TV ads were routine. By the time I was in high school, it was pretty down trodden and nearly closed. Then finally closed. But for a time, it was the Chicago Coney Island.