PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
as far as the Masons go, EVERYONE knows they are in charge of EVERYTHING and out to rule the world.
i read it on the internet so it HAS to be true, right? :wink:
btw, i am a member in good standing of the WCP...

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
Good day Brothers. I am a proud and highly active FreeMason, Scottish Rite, Royal Arch, and Templar in Mn. Any and all Brothers feel free to friend me.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
For anyone not sure of what Order of the Arrow is, it is the honorary society in the Boy Scouts of America, for both scouts and leaders. I was a member of this myself. It is based on Indian lore and many of the lessons and ceremonies are based on traditions of the Delaware Indians. Very much a great place to be as a young scout. I was Brotherhood. Once I got my Eagle Scout I became less active and never got my Vigil. Vigil is the highest rank in OA and you can only achieve it by being nominated and voted in by other Vigils, unless this has changed.
I have had high interest becoming a Mason. I was close to actually visiting my local lodge to become a member then my son was born and just never went back. Been almost a year now. This thread has reminded me so seek it out again.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
About a year ago, I became very interested in the Masons and I read a few books that made me even more interested. Unfortunately, I was going through a divorce and that derailed any free time I had. I really believe in what they stand for, from my limited exposure and would like to look into this a little more. About 2 years ago on a biz trip, there was a big group of masons having a meeting (they were all Philippine) and in telling my father the story, he told me that my grandfather was a Mason. I'm not sure where to start but I'd be interested in learning more.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Member of the Craft and the Royal Scarlet Chapter of the Orange Order. Family tradition I guess, I don't hold to any anti-Catholic sentiment like the old timers but I do think my forefathers who were Ulster Scots did a lot of good for the world and want to celebrate my history. My best friend is Catholic and we both get a good laugh about it since he belongs to the Knights of Columbus.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I hate admitting this but I guess I'll come clean. Reading the Dan Brown books such as the Da Vinci code, Angels and Demons and The Lost Symbol are what perked my interest in freemasonry.

rthbaum

Might Stick Around
Dec 25, 2012
I was a cub scout and was more than qualified to be a Rastafarian at one point in my life but now I have changed what I put in my pipe.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I liked National Treasure, because the Masons got to be the good guys for once. I wish I knew where that treasure was, though.

checotah

Feb 7, 2012
32nd degree Scottish Rite, Knight Templar, Warren Lodge #10, AF&AM, even Past Master Counselor, DeMolay. Kind of a family thing: my father, his brother and his father, his father, and my mother's uncles and grandfather, all Masons.... Goes back even farther... Gotta get back to Lodge, soon....Find out how the world control is going....OK, the last is made up.... or is it?

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Go DeMolay! I was MC of my chapter in the Eighties.
I took my three degrees in 1995, and the Lodge pretty much saved my life after getting divorced. I attended every single meeting, went thru the York Rite and attended all those meetings, even traveled with the Grand Lecturer. All that kept me out of the bars and out of trouble until I could get level again.
Then, after a contentious year as Master of my Lodge, I had to take a break. I hope to get on a limited basis one day.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
iam a life member of the lyndon fire department here in louiville ky. 20+ years volunteer.
mike.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I am an active member of the St. Andrew's Society of Detroit, and Michigan Commissioner of the Clan Campbell Society (North America).

Status
Not open for further replies.