PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
There was a challenge a bit back to make a freehand type pipe with a canadian stem. I can't turn a big enough block on my lathe to make one, so went with an extension of zebra wood to make it up.
I have a bit of fine tuning to do to the stem to thin the bit a little and open the airway still. Then it will be done.
This is what I came up with.
100_0100.jpg

100_0098.jpg

100_0101.jpg

100_0099.jpg

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
I'm having trouble with photobucket at the moment, so will try to add some more pictures later.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Nice job ! I'm not a Canadian Lumberman guy, but I do like the overall shape of this. Love that Zebra wood grain there.

Jul 15, 2011
Dude, that is badass! I would smoke that pipe proudly, I feel like it is really one of a kind. Very well done!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That's nice Steve! Why did you choose Zebrawood for the extension rather than briar? I'd like the Zebrawood, thinking it would make a nice tamper also.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Wow when I put the challenge out to make a freehand Canadian I never expected something this awesome!

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
I like Canadians but not as smokers I want a 1/4 bend it just sits in my mouth better I think

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
I chose Zebra Wood because I had the piece setting here already and I love the grain it has. It does make a great tamper as I've used it for tampers before. I may have to make a matching tamper for this one.
Thanks for the positive comments guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.